cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web services :ABAP and Java Stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can develop, deploy and publsih web services through both ABAP and Java stack. How do these stacks communicate with each other ? Say I develop a web service with se80 in ABAP stack. Does this web service name gets updated in VA ? I tried and in our case it doesn't. Are there any settings to be done to enable this and vice versa ?

Regards,

Youvraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lets close this discussion - the start point is incorrect. Thank you all for chipping in.

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Found out that you should start from UDDI?

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is fun! Let me rephrase this. I use a BAPI or an RFC & use the wizard to create a web service. I define my registry & point it to the api using suddireg. I make /suddireg point to the connections in /SM59. I choose a provate registy that I want to publish to. I also define my new registry in the VA in the Web services container, defime the users based on the levels. Since the ABAP & the J2ee stack are said to be tightly integrated, why should a web service be shown in the VA? Ultimately, (in the j2ee stack), all the web services that I create will reflect in the Web Services container - I can publiush the same to UDDI or any private/public registry from the VA itslef using the UDDIclient. I do the same from the ABAP stack & publish it to a private registry. UDDI standards maintain the syncing of all public registries. If I were to apply the same logic to my private registries - ie defined in the ABAP & the J2ee stack - shouldnt this be logical?

Since I cannot have a set of common private registries in the ABAP & the J2ee stack - I have to find a way of creating a set of synced up private registries between both stacks.

Anybody got any thoughts on this?

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The visual Admin only shows you Java Web Services. That has nothing to do with the ABAP WS.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Youvraj,

Web services either published from the Java or ABAP stack are registerd in UDDI. This is a soft of yellow pages. If a web service is required the UDDI is consulted.

To better understand web services in the Netweaver environment I suggest you catch up on your reading.

SAP has posted some really good articles to help you understand web services.

Best Regards, Harald