Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorizations Bw migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we are testing the upgrade of bw from 3.5 to 7.0 version and we are facing huge trubles and doubts concerning to authorizations.

1-Could we keep the old authorization concept how and when is this decision possible?

2- We are testing the new concept and the old roles are failling. we have already tried to associate the S_RS_AUTH = 0BI_ALL but despite this solve some issues it open all the restrictions that we must to keep in place (ex. company restrictions, profit center restrictions).

3-What steps should i take to adjust the old roles?

Best regards,

rp

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1 -->

Follow these four steps to migrate authorizations:

Migration Tool (program RSEC_MIGRATION):

1. Select Users

2. Select Authorizations

3. Pick Assignment Method

4. Set Migration Mode

Recommendations

􀂄 It is highly recommended to migrate to the new concept

􀂄 The former authorization concept wonu2019t be supported any longer

􀂄 You can, however, switch back to the former concept u2013 in some

exceptional cases (IMG setting)

2--> if You are using new analysis authorization concept then old auth. object wont work. You need to create new custom analysis auth. role by restrciting to company code, profit ctr. etc..by using RSECAUTH t-code and assign to user.

3--> please follow above steps.

0 Kudos

Hi,

When I may add something to the correct previous answer. The migration tool makes profiles that will be directly add to the user. If you are not working with structural authorizations and will be using functional authorizations (composite roles and roles) I can advice you to make an analysis from the info(area) you need and the other authorization objects you need(own created) and take a decision to use the functional solution. I always look to BI authorizations like this: you have the presentation, the information, the activity and organization. Base your authorization on that pillars and you are flexible. I certainly would not choose for profiles directly added to a user without having roles and composite roles.

Have fun

Bye Jan van Roest

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the SAP Note 1125108 - for your first question. And for analysis authorization see note 931898 - Migration analysis authorizations along with associated notes in it.

Hope it helps