Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wdDoExit and Sync functionality for Mobile Offline Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey everyone,

Hoping for some insight here.

First of all, this is my requirement. Reservation Items are downloaded to the client. Any unposted items need to be uploaded as well as the posted items. So really, one sync would download them all and another sync should upload them all back. The modify bapi wrapper will unlock these unposted items for other people to pick.

What I understand is that the nodes on the client have to have an attribute changed in order to be uploaded to the backend for validation. Is there a setting that can be set to upload all items? My guess is this wasn't how the offline stuff was designed.

If not my solution is to update all Reservation items that have not been posted. I'm doing this on the exit of the application in the wdDoExit function. However, I was hoping to pop the user a message and have them decide if they actually wanted to exit. In case they exited by mistake. Is there a way to cancel an exit?

I appreciate all ideas.

Thanks,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206242
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sitll not clear about the issue you are facing but here are some facts about the mobile client 7.1

a) As and when a CRUD happens on a node element for a data object node and a commit is called, sync messages are automatically created. These messages for create,update,delete operations are sent to DOE In the next sync cycle and any changes from DOE are also recieved and consumed in the same sync cycle.

b) wdDoEXit methods on application controller & view controller are relevant for performing any final steps on exit which can be also used to commit also.

c) Use OCARoot.getInstance().commit() for committing any unsaved changes done in the application. All unsaved changes across any data object will be saved.

Regards,

Nipun

Answers (0)