cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open navigation item in new tab?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Is it possible to open a navigation item in a new tab?

for example, when a user enters in MII and in the menu has several links, is it possible, when clicking in a link, to open it in a new tab?

i know it is possible to open in a new window or in home page or on top... but what about tab?

Best regards.

Edited by: Ricardo Alves on Dec 4, 2009 5:53 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

yes you can. Do the following on IE:

1. Tools -> Internet Options -> Tabs Settings

2. In the Tabs Settings you will find "When a pop-up is encountered". Select Always open pop-ups in a new tab.

Let me know.

Cheers

Pedro Iglesias

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pedro it worked.

when click on link it opened in new tab!

Thanks!

Best regards

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your solution will be client setting dependent. The home page navigation and tab options for opening in the frame or new window are merely setting the href target in the home page html when the screen is rendered by the personalization service. As far as I know the tab behavior new to IE in version 7, and the tab behavior in other browsers like Mozilla/Firefox are both managed at the application level and will be client PC bound. The home page process just uses target="_blank" for opening links in a new window. I don't know if there is a browser neutral setting for something like target="_newtab", but it doesn't appear to be the case: http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#h-6.16

If something like this does creep into the standard then it would make a nice feature enhancement request for 3 radio button options when defining a link in the navigation editor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Pedro and thank you for your answer

i did that but i must do something else also. it din't work just like that.

under navigation menu what option do i choose? "open in nwe window"? "open in home page"?