cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the limitations to perfroming client copy?

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Background:

We have QAS env. with 3 clients (golden client 200, plus 201 and 202) which were created from golden client 200

Currently we are migrating Peoplesoft (Time & Labour and Payroll) to SAP HCM. All three clients are dedicated to a particular phase of the project

200. 200 developing new Benefits pkg

201. Parallel

202. Traning

I need to find out how do I determine if I can add an additional client (4CPU , plenty of disc only 300 of 500 G used for 3 clients)

And by adding this additional client our developer would like to test out their data loads into SAP scripts. they maybe doing this over and over again, and do not want to blow away what is happening in the other three clients

We do have a Plan B, which is to provide them a new client in a rehearsal server which is currently being used to confirm the transports created for configuration of HCM. So if we create a separate client in this server how will it effect the one and only client?

please advise

maria

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

thank you to all who responded!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In terms of CPU and RAM Memory load you won´t have more load except for the jobs you developers will throw to the system, you are creating a new client, not adding more WP's. But in terms of Disk it will require more space than the one already have but how much will depend on how much data has the source client that will be copied to the Target Client and this depends on the copy profile you will use. The RDBMS will have more load also when Developers begin to do load testing but this will happend in either system the do it.

Clients are independent except for workbench objects for example, users are client dependant, some configurations are client dependant, etc so the only requirement is disk and usually there is not much space required (your QAS server has plenty of disk space left) so if you want to create it in one or other server will depend on how loaded is your actual QAS server. If QAS don´t have much load go ahead and create the client. I have seem DEV and QAS systems with more than 6 clients working without problems.

Have a good day,

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

To do a client copy to create a new client in an instance that has already had clients created, it would be as simple just to use SCCL to do the client copy to create a new client in the same insance?

or are there other steps to be done first?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before staring client copy just execute a Test Run so that you can get space requirement so that client copy will not get cancel because of space.

also, you need to do administration of some tables if you don't need data in some particular tables like tables that contains Idocs etc. You can delete them before starting client copy as a result you can save space and import run time of client copy.

Check SAP note 40088, 1127194 and 365304.

Thanks

Sunny

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

I am about to drop and recreate that same client . Is it as simple as going into SCC4 and dropping that client and then re-create it?

This is so that I ONLY have configuration in that client. Please advise asap, as I would like to get this done today

Thank YOU so much!!!

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Kindly follow below procedure for deleting the client :

1- Login into the client which you want to delete

2- Run Tcode SCC5--> delete the client in background

3-Login to other client and delete the cleint entry from SCC4

4- Reorg database to recover database space

Create Client :

1- Login to any cient -> create client in SCC4

2- Login with SAP* and PASS password ,Before this set parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar=1

3- Login to client -->SCCL ,Select SAP_CUST profile

Kindly revert in case of any issue .

Thanks and Regards,

Arun Kumar

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank You Arun,

that is exactly what we did, however I did not run a re-org, because this server will be re-used. We are using it as a GO Live Rehearsal type server for about another 1-2 months

Maria