cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM Storage Location Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to share our scenario in QM. Currently We have separate Storage Location for Quality Stock (IQA) and Unrestricted Stock (MS).

How will the system behave during Skip lot? Does the stock goes IQA Unrestricted or in MS Stock?

If stock goes to IQA unrestricted, may I know how will I set in the system that Skip Lot will auto UD as accepted and stock goes to MS storage Location as unresticted?

Thank you,

Raymond

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How will the system behave during Skip lot? Does the stock goes IQA Unrestricted or in MS Stock?

When lot is skip you know it moves to unrestricted.Now in your case there are Two Unrestricted storage Locations.

Always remember that stock always moves to "Storage Location on which GR is made" it is depend upon the MIGO.

So If you want to move the material form one storage to other then use MB1B-->311 mvt type.

I hope this is clear

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification. May I know If its possible for skip lot to automatically set the Usage Decision to Accepted upon GR?

then do movement 311?

Thank you,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is Possible by

Eitehr In QA16

or

In QA17 -->create a varient -->then schedule the varient .

Also In SPRO>QM>at plant level maintain the maximum skip duration in hrs or mins

This will automatically take the UD.

Also as I told you lot moves to unrestricted when lot is skipped.

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand, but we have 2 storage location so we need to do stock transfer. Also we have two types of skip, 1 is auto UD, other is manual UD. how can we segregate in the variant?

So this is a batch job, that would be run daily?

What do you mean also by maximum skip duration?

Thanks,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

but we have 2 storage location so we need to do stock transfer. Also we have two types of skip, 1 is auto UD, other is manual UD. how can we segregate in the variant?

Dear this varient is for Usage Decision.Both Manual & auto will be covered here.Its can only be differtiated by the Stock posting tab & status(SPRQ/SPCO) which is missing in manual cretaion.otherwise its difficult to seggregate.

So this is a batch job, that would be run daily?

this you can run per hr,per day etc.We have practice of executing this per 30 min.It very much depend on server load.

What do you mean also by maximum skip duration?

Time (after creation of lot) till which system should not take UD of the lot.Means your varient run say after every 1 hr.and time in maximum skip duration say you have mainatined 2 hrs then ,,,,,,system will only take ud of those lots which were created 2 hrs before the varient run every 1 hr.

I hope I have made you clear

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, but I would like to make it clear. The Batch job will only covered SKIP Lot? Am I correct? Because I don want auto Usage Decision for those with normal inspection.

Thanks,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

As per best of my understanding, when we talk about the skip lots it doesn't mean that you will not have lot. It will create a lot for you. And once there is a lot number in the system you need to clear it.

But in case of skip lots, system will set the status of it accordingly, the UD of the same can be performed in mass.

And it can be set in back ground as Sujit has suggested you.

Regards,

Shyamal

Boss If you want to clear the normal lots also in auto UD then it's better to not have the lot dear.

Even though if you want to perform in mass you can use the trx QA10 for it.

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Dec 5, 2009 2:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Batch job will only covered SKIP Lot?

Yes depend upon varient

that is

1.skip status lots

2. UD completed lots(all char have status 5)

Check varient dear you will get answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thank you really for your help.

One more question, is there a report where I can display all inspection lot per material, number of defect, the defect codes?

Thank you,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer

MCVX QMIS: Vendor analysis defects

MCXX QMIS: Material analysis defects

MCXG QMIS: Matl Analysis - Lot Numbers

In addition to QF12

Sujit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

The stock always introduced in the system as per the MIGO document. So it will be posted in the storage location that is mentioned in the MIGO document.

According to your scenario you will be in need to change the stock from UR at IQA storage location to UR use to MS storage location, manually for all the skipped lots.

Regards,

Shyamal