cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to JDBC scenario-IDOC settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all i m doing an idoc to JDBC scerio and i have configured the settings and trying to trigger an ido and see whether i am able to post the data into the Db or not but i cant see idocs in XI:these are the steps i follwed posted in earlier forums:

• Create an RFC destination to XI in the sender SAP system using SM59

• Create a transactional port to XI using the RFC destination created in the above step

• Create a Partner agreement using transaction we20 in the sender SAP system

• Create a logical system using transaction bd54 for the partner agreement created in the above step

• Select an IDOC using transaction we19 and change the EDIDC header recipient port & LS name

• Create an RFC destination to the Sender SAP system using SM59

• Create port to sender system using idx1 in the XI system for the RFC destination created in the above step

• Create Metadata in idx2 transaction..

I have done the above and trying to trigger an idoc in we19 by changing the control records...but my idoc is not getting triggered.

Did i miss any other configuration?Please guide me.

also my guess is that i might have missed something in my partner profile config,

i specified ordrsp msg type in o/b parameters,specfied the port,selected trasfer idoc immediatley option,specified process code..i guess thats about it

Am i rite?Am I missing something.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arthi,

Did you create distribution model. which idoc you are tyring to generate? Master or Trasactional data. If your idoc is Master data then u have to create a distribution model or if that is trasactional data you have do some setting in NACE and u have assign output type.

Thanks

Gowri K.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Aarthi,

In WE19 while triggering Idoc, what are you getting ? ANy error..Is it created any Idoc number . If so go to WE02 and check the status ...

If Idoc is triggered and it is not reached into XI, then you can check in SM58 for the status.

TO cross check the configuration-

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/23/configuration-steps-required-for-posting-idocsxi

Also check how to guide for Idoc scenario.

https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01200252310000071155&;

Regards,

Moorthy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aarthi,

Just go to SM 58 and see the log of your Transactional RFC. You will be able to get some info from the error log in sm58.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In we19 when i change the control record and trigger the idoc the # gets generated and saved, but the log says the IDOC cannot/ should not be sent..the status of the idoc is 37.

I tried to run RC1_IDOC_SET_STATUS and change the status to 03 but could`nt.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aarthi,

Check the Partner Profiles (WE20)->Outbound Parameters

once again. Did you have an entry for your Idoc type/message type in the Outbound Parameter for your Partner Number/Logical System. It should have parameters like Message Type, basic Idoc type, Reciever port etc.. Just check once again.

Also make an entry in the Inbound Parameters also for the same Idoc type.. Actually It is not required. But try having this entry also.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishnamoorthy,

I did have all the parmeters mentioned for my o/b.in the msg control

application/message type/process code..i have specifed

V1/BA00/SD10.Am i rite? or there is something wrong here?

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>I did have all the parmeters mentioned for my o/b.in the msg control</i>

>>> Are you talking about WE20 Outbound and Inbound Parameters here.. As mentioned in my earlier post.. Make both entries for Inbound as well as Outbound. Then test the Idoc outbound processing with WE19, by giving correct port etc..

For Idoc Configuration this thread will give some idea-

Regards,

Moorthy