cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on importing CTS into production system after system refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can you please help me by answering the below doubt I have about bringing back data to production system after system refresh.

Let me explain the scenario over here:

- A new production instance is going to be created through a homogeneous system copy of an existing production instance.

- In the new production system, the client system will be similar to a development system. i.e. "Automatic Recording of Changes" and "Changes to Repository and client-ind. customizing allowed".

- So any changes to customizing and other data will be recorded in CTS requests.

- There will be a final system refresh to the new system from the original production system a week before the new instance goes live. This will clean all data in the new Prod. system

The questions are:

- Is there a possibility to bring back all the data that was erased during the final system refresh by releasing all the CTS requests.

- Or, if all CTS requests are released before the final refresh, can they be re-transported to the same system to get the data back

I personally think this is not going to work since CTS requests only contain the info on the data which needs to transported but not the data itself. But I' am having problems making a person from the IT team to understand this.

Can you kindly provide your feedback on this by elaborating on the above.

Thanks a lot in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217765
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can release all CTS requests and re-import them to to the same system to get the data.

With Best Regards

Julia