cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP installation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

im trying to install an SAP ERP 2005 software.i already downloaded and installed the right java version and supplied the java component needed in SAPinst. Meanwhile while i try specifying my JCE unlimited strength directory path which is a ZIP file, i get an error.

"An error occurs while installing SAP netweaver 2004s...................."

i would like to know what the cause is and the possible solution.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

I had to reformat my server and start the installation afresh. this time i was able to pass the stage where i needed to specify the JCE file.but when i got to "'Standard System Copy / Migration (load based)'". on clicking next, this is the error i got.

"Required MS SQL Server collation for the SAP system installation is: SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN2 . Your server uses collation: SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS . Read the installation guide on how to set the correct server collation for the SAP system."

I need to know what this suggest cos i really dont understand much about Server collation.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Humvee,

Can you tell me which option you have choosed for SQL Collations when installing SQL server.

Regards,

Raghu Chukkapalli.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The information about the correct SQL collation is highlited on the Installation guide, you can also use below notes as reference

Note 799058 - Setting Up Microsoft SQL Server 2005

Note 505906 - SQL Server: Incorrect collation

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Humvee,

Please copy the last few lines from sapinst.log.

Regards,

Raghu Chukkapalli,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you put the sapint.log file.

Regards

Jose