cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update CMS server from SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day, colleagues.

I have a problem while creating a track. I have two different Netweaver servers 7.2 and 7.1.1 NWDI is located at 7.2 and SLD at 7.1.1

I start CMS wizzard "Create an Application Skeleton", choose template "Composite Application 7.2 (with Business Process Management)" and after all configuration steps, when it starts work automatically error occurs

Error: unknown exception: Cannot find software component release (Vendor/Name/Release sap.com/BPEM-BUILDT/7.20) in CMS. UpdateCMS Server or/and check SLD component content.

I've checked SLD, there are all necessary components, but in CMS it doesn't exist. I tried button "Update CMS" but nothing happens. I checked version of BPEM-BUILDT in my 7.2 server, it's 7.20.

Please, show me the way to update CMS server with this component.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

I am also facing the same issue in NWDI (CE 7.1)....

pop-up warning that tell...

Component (Vendor/Name: sap.com/BPEM-BUILDT) changed in SLD Server

Component (Vendor/Name: sap.com/BPEM-CONTENT) changed in SLD Server

Component (Vendor/Name: sap.com/BPEM-CORE) changed in SLD Server

In your case you said that you're not facing any problem and everything works fine, but in my case i am facing lot of problems as explained below...

1) We required one SC build time dependecy to be added as it was missed, the name is SAP JAVA TECH SERVICES 7.02 (JTECHS 7.02).

2) After adding this dependency i updated CMS & again the annoying pop up described as above came with notification CMS update completed at the bottom of the pop up.

3) then in lanscape configurations, i edited my track and removed the SC and again aded it. The SC was updated with the newly added dependency SAP_JTECHS 7.02. (The Pop Up kept on comming inbetween)

4) I saved my track, then went to Transport Studio to check whether the same SCA was added in the CMS inbox or not, but unfortunately it was not. so whenevr i am moving all the import till consolidation it never takes the JTECHS into consideration.

5) so whenever i import this track into my NWDS it will always be missing with this dependency.

I hope i have explained my problem.

Kindly help me resolve this experts.

Thanks & Regards,

Shreyas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreyas.

My problem was that I couldn't delete wrong dependencies from CMS database. SAP provided solutution for it.

Here the answer for my customer message: "Please have a look into SAP Note 973346 and use the Support Tool.

The functionality of point 7 was enhanced in version 1.3 and you should

see a delete button there. (Will only work with CMS Admin permission)

Up to know the additional info for point 7 is only available in german

language for this note. Nevertheless you can use the tool and delete theSC form CMS DB.

When having deleted the SC from CMS DB you should not get the popup

anymore."

So try to use CMSSupportTool and delete wrong entries from database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys.

I have almost resolved this problem.

The problem was in duplicated entries of components in SLD. For example, there were two entries of "Software component version" in CIM_instances of BPEM-CONTENT 7.20 One of them was dated 2006-12-21, and the other one 2009-04-21.That's why CMS couldn't decide what component to choose.

For repair my SLD content I've used note 1093168. But after all of this I got one more problem. Some warnnigs appear. For all my problem components (BPEM-*) CMS pop-up warning that tell "Component (name of component) changed in SLD Server". Nothing happens and everything work OK, but it's too annoying. SAP support promised to make fix, but I'm still waiting.

Is this information helpful or should I provide more details?

P.S. Something wrong with my S-user, so I'cant mark this thread "answered".

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

I think your track doesn't contain required SC 'BPEM-BUILDT' that why you are getting this error.

please check your track, if it not showing in the required SC then check SLD, add 'BPEM-BUILDT' as build time.

then execute update SLD in CMS for reflecting you changes in CMS.

Hope this will helps you.

Thanks

Arun

former_member214355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander

Can you give us a status update please?

Did any of the suggestions work?

Have you moved from one SLD to another one? In that case, did you follow

SAP note:

#1031984 - Changing the SLD in the Change Management Service (CMS)

It seems that the SCs mentioned in the warnings cannot be found in the

SLD you are using. Please, check note 669669

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

can you confirm that your DI is using the right SLD?

You can verify this im CMS->landscape configurator->domain data->external servers->sld url. Please note yo have to add cimom at the end of the url like http://myhost.test.com:52100/sld/cimom

Íf you can find the SC in your sld and CMS is using this sld update cms is all you have to do.

Have a good time

Jan