Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting scrap through Quality

former_member267321
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I want to post scrap in process through quality. But while posting, it is consumed agiainst the cost center. But i want to post that scrap material to storage location from which i can sell that scrap.

How can i post that scrap to storage location through quality?

waiting for reply!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you post the scrap through quality, the material is basically gone and there is no inventory.

If this is scrap you are recyling then the material has value. You should create a general scrap material number and post the scrap quanity to the new material number and storage location from QM.

Then you will properly reflect the value of the scrap financially and you'll also have correct inventory levels if the site is ever audited by local officials. In the US at least, local fire officials and some government officals can require you to show an accurate inventory of materials housed on the premises. Including any scrap or recyles that could potential be hazardous depending on the business.

It also allows for SAP to provide the proper paperwork for when the material is shipped of site.

Craig

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

But i want to post that scrap material to storage location from which i can sell that scrap.

How can i post that scrap to storage location through quality?

There can be a way,

1.You can post material to block stock

2.From block stock( say GR was made on storage location X) you can do a stock transfer to same storage location to unrestricted.by MB1B 343 mvt type.

3.From here you can post the material MB1A-->551 mvt against G/L account & Cost center where you want to consume.

4.from here you can sell the scrap.

Also There is one more way.Put the material to a Quarantine Storage Location say QLTY(MB1B-->311) & from here do the

551 mvt .

I hope this will help

Regards

Sujit