Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarifications in DOE

former_member185875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I did the Service Order Example given in the help.sap.com.

it's working fine.

but i have some doubts

can you please explain to me for better understanding ..

1)

Defining a Data Completeness Group   

Prerequisites

·        You have imported or created a software component version.

·        You have imported or created, and activated standard data objects.

·        You have defined a distribution model with dependencies for which you have set the Selectable for Completeness indicator.

·        You have ensured that the leading data object is not a synchronization data object.

i didnt understand the 4th point.

"You have ensured that the leading data object is not a synchronization data object"

2) In Associations Between Data Objects

"To define multiple associations for the same attributes of a data object, you can use a static filter"

Regard's

lakshman balanagu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Data can be distributed by DOE to devices in two Ways: One is synchronous way where DOE distributes the data immeaditely whenever it is loaded to Middleware. Other one is extracting manually by the user / administrator. So, to get data synchronously one has to configure DO_SYNC_EXTRACT parameter for the data object. So, If you want to use completeness group, you should not set this parameter in DOE configuration.

2. DOE will not allow to create same dependency more than once. So, between two data objects only one dependency can be created by default. But if you want to create multiple dependencies between same objects, then you have to use static filter. Static filter is a filter for following objects using leading object data. So, Let's suppose 10 instances of following object is getting distributed to the device because of leading object, then you can decide distributing this data based on some column from leading object. You can choose filter only from the node which is used in association.

Regards,

Siva.

Edited by: Siva Satya Prasad Yerra on Dec 4, 2009 7:21 PM