Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will alert trieggers when...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gems,

Have a basic question..

where this Alert frame located in ABAP stack ...IE? am i right?

Now my question is.. will i get alert when my sender adapter is down? if not why?

Thanks

Prabhakar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now my question is.. will i get alert when my sender adapter is down? if not why?

If Sender Adapter is initiating the communication to the Sender system, and there is some error, then alerts can be generated.

For example -

File channel -> there is a polling interval, so it starts on its own and if there is any communication error or any other issues, the File channel will go in an error mode and alerts will be triggered.

In the case of SOAP channels (for example), where PI is not initiating the call, errors can be captured but only when the sender system has tried sending the messages across.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The above reply are good but none of them answered on when the sender adapter is down ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

The above reply are good but none of them answered on when the sender adapter is down ..

There is nothing called "Sender Adapter is down" ... either the Channels can be in error state (one case I discussed above) or the Adapter Engine can be down.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Now my question is.. will i get alert when my sender adapter is down? if not why?

Configuration of alerts (ALRTCATDEF) is done in 2 steps in PI>

Step 1: Define alert category in transaction doe ALRTCATDEF. this is on ABAP stack.

Step 2: Define alert rule for the alert category ( the one whcih you defined in step 1) in Runtime workbench, this is Java stack.

In Step 2 you can specify the condition based upon which alerts are triggered, if you select only Integration engine there then alerts won't be triggered for error in sender adapter but if you select "NO restrictions" then alerts will be triggered for both Integration engine and Adapter engine errors.

Please note that no alerts will be triggered for SMQ2 or SMQ1 error via ALRTCATDEF. if you want to capture those alerts, you need to configure CCMS via RZ20 and RZ21.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

its based on the ABAP stack only...

normally if sender is FTP for e.g and it has been start and using some FTP connection for picking file and file adapter is not able to reach the same then an alert will get generated saying that there is a connection problem

HTH

Rajesh