Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was creating a PO for a ROH material when I got an error :

No sales and distribution data maintained for material XXXXX

Message no. 06854

Diagnosis

The following may apply in this case:

1. The Sales and Distribution data for the issuing plant has not been maintained in the material master record.

2. The material short text (short description) has not been maintained in the receiving plant in the language of the customer.

3. The material has not been maintained for the distribution chain found.

4. The tax classification data is not available for the country of the issuing plant.

Pls tell me if there is an error somewhere in Customising so that system is asking for SD data for ROH material, which is normally not needed for ROH material.

regards,

Shanmugam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The document types NB,UB (Technical names are not displayed),only standard PO are seen. how to activate these technical names to be displayed using the user menu.

regards,

Shanmugam

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

from the SAP Screen- Click on "Customize Local layout" last icon in the tool bar ( which is right side of the "Question mark" icon) or press "Alt + F12",

select "Options" - in "Expert" tab - under Controls section ,

mark "Show keys in All Dropdown lists" & "Sort items by key"

select "Apply" & OK.

now check, Technical names will appear for the PO document type.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone.

regards,

Shanmugam

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Message no. 06854

You have to check your STO configuration settings. Ensure that you have maintained sales area (Sales organisation and distribution channel) for both the customer and material in the same sales area.

This could be the root cause of the problem in your case.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reaz,

Pls tell me in which tab I have to check the Document types (ND/ UB) I am using, in PO screen ME21N. or is it assigned in SPRO. is it possible to change the doc types in ME21n itself.

Also, by default, Sales org dat-1& 2 are not coming while creating an ROH .Now how to add these views in MM01. Are these 2 views enough for SD data in MM01 or anymore like sales general /plant view is required.

regards,

Shanmugam

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in ME21N,

the very first field you will find is the document type, there you can choose which document type you want to use.

ROH material type, will not have sales views. But as per requirement , you can activate sales views in Tcode:OMS2 for this material type- click on details ( double click on ROH material type), select sales views & save.

now goto MM01, extend sales views for this material.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When Creating PO in ME21N, what is the document type you are using .

If you are creating PO on external Vendor then document type will be NB ( SAP std provided), similarly if you are creating PO on Internal Vendor i.e. other plants nothing but STO, then doc type : UB.

if doc type NB, then Sales & Distribution data is not required, but if doc type UB then you have to maintain sales data for material in both issuing / receiving plants.

for more info: Search in forum with "STO"-

hope it adds info

sorry its not "ND" , it should be NB.

Edited by: Reazuddin MD on Dec 4, 2009 5:15 PM