cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trex Index growing faster: Anyway to reorg Trex index?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have TREX installed in our landscape and it is connected to XI and BW systems.

Right now we have found that the TREX index has grown bigger and almost running out of space in the filesystem.

I would like to know is there any possiblity to Reorg TREX Indexes as we do in normal SAP system.

According to SAP we have activated the Alertserver for TREX which will produce alerts if reorg is necessary, but my feeling is will this reorg help me to gain back some space, because the documents from SAP says that this type of reorg (done through Alert server) will help in reducing the CPU load,etc.

Please let me know you ideas.

Thanks.

/BR Yoganand.V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yoganand,

We have setup of 3 systems with high availability and we designed our Index in such way 'index' files is not over loaded in any particular system. There are Index reorg parameters but they are not to gain any space rather to ensure that your index is distributed across the systems in the TREX Lanscape such that not only file system but also helps in optimal usage of other resources like CPU, memory.

You may please refer below URL for details clarification on the same content

http://help.sap.com/SAPHELP_NW70EHP1/helpdata/EN/48/57f7369a8d31cbe10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

Regards

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Sekhar,

Thanks for the reply.

Iam aware of the setup to optimize the CPU load, Memory, etc., since we have Alertserver configured for TREX. I have decided to clear the queues of some systems connected to TREX in order to free some space.

/BR Yoganand.V

Answers (0)