Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user comparison and manually added profiles in su01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I remember from the past. profiles added manually in su01 are deleted as soon as I do a user comparison either base on a specific role (PFCG) or in general (PFUD or via executing PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY).

For some rease all manually added profiles will remain in the user maser data after executing the user comparison.

Furthermore I would like to know how to do a copmparison only for one person. I read you can select a specific user, but I cannot find the place ...

Thanks in advance

Torsten

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Torsten,

profiles are not removed from user-IDs only because they have been added manually! Please keep in mind, that only generated profiles are removed from the user, if the corresponding role, to which the profile belongs, is not assigned (anymore).

Comparison for one single user: simply enter SU01 and press 'save'. Comparison is triggered immediately automatically.

b.rgds, Bernhard

4 REPLIES 4

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Torsten,

profiles are not removed from user-IDs only because they have been added manually! Please keep in mind, that only generated profiles are removed from the user, if the corresponding role, to which the profile belongs, is not assigned (anymore).

Comparison for one single user: simply enter SU01 and press 'save'. Comparison is triggered immediately automatically.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. I just stumble over the over and over repeating sentences in the manual:

Never enter the generated profiles directly on the Profiles tab page,

since transaction "PFUD" deletes these assignments if there is no

entry for them on the Roles tab page. When you assign a role to a

user on the Roles tab page, the profile generated for this role is

automatically entered on the Profiles tab page, and the profiles in

the user master record and compared with the roles.

or

Never enter generated profiles directly into the user master record

(" SU01"). During a user comparison, for example automatically

with report pfcg_time_dependency , generated profiles are

removed from the user masters if they are not among the

roles that are assigned to the user.

I think I do not get the point. What's the exact scenario when I enter a profile manuallay in SU01 and it is deleted by executing PFUD?

Thanks for clarification...

Torsten

0 Kudos

Dear Torsten,

The simple meaning of that point is

1. Always assign the role through the "Roles" tab in SU01 t-code. This ensures that the profile of that role gets added to the User Master Record automatically.

2. Do not directly assign the profile of the role through the "Profiles" tab in SU01.

If any assignment is done as per my point 2 above, the profile gets deleted as the time of user comparision or running PFUD as the corresponding role for this profile is missing under the "Roles" tab in the User Master Record (SU01).

Regards,

0 Kudos

In addition to Lakshmis information:

with actual release/SP level it is not possible anymore to assign generated profiles directly in SU01.

You'll get the message

<profile name> is a generated profile. Assign the associated role <rolen ame>

Message no. 01863

Diagnosis

The profile <profile name> has been generated and belongs to the role <rolen ame>

It is not possible to directly assign generated profiles to a user.

System Response

The profile assignment is deleted.

Procedure

Assign role <rolen ame> instead.

b.rgds, Bernhard