cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIN Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

We produce product A in India,We sell this product A to customers in different tradenames (B, C and D).

According to our Indian business there is "legal" requirement to have 1=1 match for product name (production-sell).

Can you check if there have been similar issues with your previous SAP/CIN implementations in India and what has been the solution?

Can we for example modify our CIN reports or use some other approach in official reporting to show that our production material description matches our sales description.

Please Advise

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know at what stage of the project are you in i.e. are you in the blue print phase or have the system in production and want to map the scenario.

how you are currently maintaining the product A and selling it with say three different names (B,C,D) ? That is do you have one product code is system or three different code in system to differentiate?

Regards,

Karthik.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The options are as below:

1. Maintaining the same material code, also maintain Customer Material Info Record in Transaction VD51. In Customer Material Info Record, maintain in description the material code / description which is customer specific. This is ideal, as it is your books of accounts for accounting and excise purpose.

2. If you want to reflect the material as separate material, maintain the same as separate Material Code. In this scenario, you may at times require to move stock from one code to another, which should be possible through MM Module.

I have followed option 1 in our implementations for such requirements.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka