cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM Catalogs / Codes / Selected Sets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one please explain what exactly are Catalogs, Code groups, Selected Sets and their codes?

Regards,

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pavan

Then you need to define these codes in Catalog 9 as defect catalogs. Here you can mention all the possible defects in the bottle section

I think you follow this process for your testing

1) Create defects using QS41 and categorise each defect into major, minor and critical

2) For result recording purpose you can have one Qualitative Mics (QS21)

in control indicator of the MIC tick Record No of Defects, Sampling procedure mandatorily. Do not tick on Characteristic attribute. All other ticks as suited to you

By doing this in Result recording screen you can actualy give the number of defects you have found

3) once result recording is done you can do the defect recording using the catalog you had created

4) notification gets triggered automaticaly when result recording is done and also closes automaticaly when UD for the inspection lot is given

Hope this gives some idea. please let me know your comments

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thank you all..

Pavan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear QM GURUs ,

Please tell me is there any methods to control the control indicators during creation of Inspection plan ,not during MIC creation.

Can we defined  whether it is qualitative or Quantitative MIC in inspection plan itself  .

So how MIC will be created without selecting qualitative or Quantitative? .

regards

Kuldeep

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pavanakumar

I dont know what you meant by codes 001 height, width, diameter. Please let me know what is the use of this in your scenario

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

While receiving materials i.e. bottles, it is mainly checked for characteristics such as height, diameter of the bottle etc. If any problems with these and if checked dimensions are not within tolerance then bottles are rejected. So I wanted to capture this into SAP by using catalogs and codes.for e.g: bottles rejected due to incorrect diameter

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Wel Gajesh has tried to explain you at the max

In addition to to that let me share something

Catalogs->code group->code

Catalogs are the prdefined types like "char Attribute" "Usage Decsion" "defect types" "activity " etc etc.

Code groups are part of sub group of catalogs( next level) contains which group code refer to.Like Surface defect or platting defect etc.

Code is next level to code group,say in code group of surface defect "Burr on surface" ,"rough serface" etc

These are created at client level & not for a perticular plant.

Catalog-->Selected Sets -->set codes

Like aforsaid only difference is that you can generate Selected set at plant level & selected set contains the codes of different code groups

Hierarchy remains same.

I hope this will add some value

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit/Gajesh

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

Let me explain what i understand of Catalogs / Codes / Code Groups / Selected Sets by taking example. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I am working in REM scenario. This is the bottling plant. Where quality inspection need to be done for all the incoming (purchased) bottles, packaging materials etc. I am considering here some of the quality check parameters and their maintenance.

I will take Catalogs, standardly defined in the SAP, for eg- 1 - Char. Attributes

For Catalog 1 - I will maintain code group as bottle, mono carton etc.

for code group bottle, i will maintain codes as 001- height, 002- diameter, 003 - rocking bottom etc

for mono carton, 001 - length, 002- height, 003 - weight etc

And finally create selected sets as bottle, mono cartons etc, and maintain codes and code groups defined earlier in here. along with valuation code as Rejected or Accepted.

Let me know whether my understanding for the above mentioned objects is right or wrong.

Please let me know how exactly i can define in SAP system.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Let me know whether my understanding for the above mentioned objects is right or wrong.

Please let me know how exactly i can define in SAP system.

Dear whatever you have said is correct.....

In addtion to that I think you have forgotten two improtant Catalogs

3: Usage decion >You have to maintain this or use default>also create a selected set for the same for Quality score perpose.

9:Bottle releated maximun possible defect you can maintain like creck,not as per drawing etc etc.

I hope this will add some value'

Sujit

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello

1) Catalog are codes defined to manage and standardize information. It consists a set of codes which can be used for different functions

In Standard SAP different catalogs are defined for 1. characteristic attribute u2013 mailing used for qualitative result recording . 2.- task catalog 9 . defect catalog, E u2013 Defect locations etc.

This helps in analysis better

2) Code groups are defined within a catalog type

For eg in catalog 1 characteristic attribute you can define colour as code group. Code group actually holds a set of codes

3) Codes make up the lowest level of a catalog. They can describe, for example, a characteristic attribute, a defect type, a defect location or a usage decision.

For eg for code group colour the codes can green , yellow, white etc

4) Selected sets define whether a particular code is accepted or rejected. This defined for each plan

So code group colour , code green is acceptable, yellow is rejected

You can check this link which has given all the details

Link: [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/2d/350910448c11d189420000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

Regards

Gajesh