cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External definition for XSD files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am importing Vendor.xsd file in external definition. Vendor.xsd file reference 3 more xsd file. say abc_1.xsd, abc_2.xsd and abc_3.xsd.

I am looking at help.sap.com for more information on it.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/26/9e97b0f525d743882936c2d6f375c7/frameset.htm

They have given the example, at the end of the help page referenced above.

I have imported Vendor.xsd file. I have also imported abc_1, abc_2 and abc_3 file as mentioned in help. I have also given source for all these document as Vendor.xsd.

When i click on external references tab and double click on 3 xsd, it does not navigate through definitions.....Even after mentioning source, it does nothing.

Kindly help.

Thanks,

Gowri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gowri,

After downloading Vendor.xsd go to the reference tab and see what it is refering to and assign the same name in the source field in other external definitions. These names should match then you can navigate to the corresponding external definitions.

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While importing vendor.xsd, i had selected xsd option in external definition.

Michael, i did not get what you meant by using 3 xsd into message mapping. Could you please elaborate on this.

Krishna, i am confused what i have to specify in Source field?

When i click on Vendor.xsd file, i see 3 file reference in External reference. What should i mention in source field of all these 3 xsd files?

Thansk,

Gowri

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

create a new message mapping

use your external def inside

and choose one of your message from it

can you see all fields ? do they look ok?

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

When i create a new message mapping. On Design tab -> Select message -> Target Message -> Import XML or XSD. When i select a xsd file. I see all the elements listed out. Do i have to select all 20 elements one by one?

Or is my xsd file is missing something?

Can i send u my xsd files? Could you please check this for me?

Thanks & Regards,

Gowri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

I figured the problem. Thanks for your help.

Warm Regards,

Gowri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am facing the same issue , I have an XSD file which contains an import tag pointing to another xsd file .

I imported the actual XSD and in the External references i have given the source field so that on

ondouble click i am able to forward navigate to the other xsd file .

But on choosing the Message type of the main XSD in the message mapping , only the elements that belong to the main xsd file are only shown other elements(that of the import xsd) are not shown , hence am not able to map those elements.

can you please let me know how to fix the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth Lanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srikanth,

I have vendor.xsd file pointing to a.xsd file.

First i imported vendor.xsd file. I see schemes/a.xsd reference in external definition. Then i imported a.xsd file. In Source field of a.xsd file, i gave schemes/a.xsd. After saving and activating it, open vendor.xsd file and double click on schemes/a.xsd file, it should show the content of a.xsd.

About Message type, i cannot say anything unless, i see the file. Send me the xsds and i will try, if i can help you out.

Thanks & Regards,

Gowri

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, I don't think there's any problem here.

A 'import' statement in a .xsd file just allows the main .xsd to "see" the types that are defined in the imported .xsd's.

If you an actual message definition defined in the secondary .xsd to be recognized by an application which uses the main .xsd, use 'include' statement instead of 'import'.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>When i click on external references tab and double click on 3 xsd, it does not navigate through definitions.....

can you try using this definition in your message

mapping? can you use those 3 messages inside your mapping?

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gowri,

Are you able to see the structure in Messages Tab of the External Definition..

Hope while importing the xsd, you have chosen the type as XSD...

Check this..

Thanks,

moorthy