Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager - Support Packages

former_member727126
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are applying patch for our SAP Solution Manager 4.0. We are using SAP ECC 6.0, We already applied patch for our development and production servers.

The following are the patch level in Solution manager

BBPCRM 500 0007 SAPKU50007

CPRXRPM 400 0007 SAPK-40007INCPRXRPM

BI_CONT 703 0003 SAPKIBIIP3

ST 400 0010 SAPKITL420

ST-A/PI 01I_CRM500 0000

ST-ICO 150_700 0006 SAPK-15076INSTPL

ST-SER 700_2006_2 0000

We downloaded all the above package, but struck in applying the patch. I want to know the hierarchy of the packages to apply, i confused in this level.

Could anybody let me know the order of above support packages to import.

Regards,

Sridhar S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best way to update a system is by using a complete Stack unless of course you need to update individual components.

A stack is applied as a whole in SAINT where you use the XML file downloaded after specifying the stack at http://service.sap.com/sp-stacks

If you are doing individual components via SPAM(or SAINT) then in most cases SPAM can reliably determine which to import first through the queue it creates. In some cases there may be conflicts between certain packages and SAP will supply a conflict resolution package or they will tell you in the SAP note related to that support package not to include it in the same queue when importing.

So to answer your question, read the notes for the support packages, determine if there are any conflicts. If not then you can add them into a single queue and let SPAM take care of it.

Also, be sure to update SPAM/SAINT first before applying any support packages.

--

Nelis

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As already mentioned, the best is to apply a complete Stack by the way you should do the complete job and update to EHP1 because your system will be still low in some SP's.

If you have done SP's installations per components and not per stacks then you could face problems after or during SP's installations so it will be way better to use the Stack Strategy.

But if you think you should go this way then in SPAM you can review New Packages and once there, every package will show up there prerequisites or level of the components (ex: SAPBASIS, ST_SER, ETC) that are necesary to be able to install any component SP's.

It is extremely important to read the Notes regarding the SP's, their dependencies and possible problems with some of them, for example, some SAPBASIS SP's cannot be applied alone or up to certain level because there are known problems and you should go one level up or down to avoid this problems.

Either way I have applied Stacks since they come out and it is better to use this strategy in our Solman with no problems at all.

Have a nice day,

former_member727126
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I understand that the best way to applying patch is downloading and applying the support package stacks(which is recommended by SAP).

Could you tell me how to deselect the queue that is added while doing import support packages in SPAM.

I tried lot of time, but i couldn't delete the queue.

Regards,

Sridhar S

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can only delete or reset the queue if it has not passed the initial Preparation phase. From Import 1 data is changed in the database and you can no longer reset the queue.

SPAM -> Extra's -> Reset Status -> Queue.

--

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alberto,

Could you please provide us a step by step guide of how to upgrade Stacks on SolMan ?

Thanks