cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns Sales Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assume that I have done the normal sales cycle: Sales Order - Delivery - Invoice

1. Due to some reasons customer return the total quantity delivered.

If I create returns sales order with reference to original sales order there is a possibility where I can enter more quantity that I deliver actual.

Will there be any settings where user can just copy the quantity from the reference sales order but can not enter MORE than the actual deliver quantity? Any routines in copy controls?

2. With reference to the above scenario, I can also refer Invoice document # to create Returns sales order. Correct me if I am wrong. However in my system I don't see any copy controls between Invoice type (F2) and Sales order (RE). Is there something wrong in my system or standard SAP system does not give option for this two document types?

Awaiting for your response.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member648947
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

1. Due to some reasons customer return the total quantity delivered

Take Following scenarios in consideration for the understansing of the reasons of system behaviour

>> if customer bought qty 10, then you created delivery >> invoice and customer returned full quantity.

Now possibility is if he sent perticular goods which he bought from you against this order he might send few more which probably was lying at his place. so assume he sent 15. if you set system to only allow 10 then anyway for rest of the 5 you wil have create a RE either wihout reference, or get the details from customer against which invoices he is sending extra materials. There can be one or more invoices involved for the extra 5 he sent Its difficult to co relate. Anyway you will have to always allow less quantity to be added in RE , as customer will not send all the goods back everytime. So by allowing less and more in RE after reference saves lot of repetitive work. Unless and untill your sales Material price is changing frequently I dont see any reason for not allowing the more quantity.

In standard there is no such requirement as per my knowledge, Guru's correct me if I am wrong.

2. With reference to the above scenario, I can also refer Invoice document # to create Returns sales order. Correct me if I am wrong. However in my system I don't see any copy controls between Invoice type (F2) and Sales order (RE). Is there something wrong in my system or standard SAP system does not give option for this two document types?

For above question the reply from Raja is very clear but I will try to provide a different view

Standard SAP does not give option for copy between F2 and RE.

When cust is returning the goods, he is not returning them because he has received an invoice , he returns them cuz goods are no more need. So if he returned the goods you need to refer it to sales order through which he bough them if at all reference is needed. Think of the scenario of Batch managed goods where you may need to check the vailidity, invoice may not be the best doc to get the required info. for one sales order there can be several invoices and quanity and invoice dats may not match.

I hope this gives you different view to it,

Thanks and Regards,

Paresh Kolte

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For your qn no 1--- t code OVAH msg no 229 convert it to error from warning

This will take care if qty is billed is 10 for a material X then while returning with reference to that invoice you cannot change the qty to more than 10

For your qn no 2---As observed by you correctly in standard SAP there is no copy controls defined between F2 billing type to RE return order type

The reason for this is ,explained in this thread

Forum post in ERP - Sales and Distribution (SD) General: RETURN ORDER

Another scenario is F2 has 10 line items and in the return order referencing that bill , the user should not add any extra line item that is 11 th new line item

This has be controlled by userexit

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to OVAH check the message no V4 229. here maintain as error , by default it might be warning or Information.. hope it works.

regards

reference of invoice is the best option.. hey copy controls must exists between billing and sales document type.. do maintain ..

also when you maintain the copycontrol for item category,

here maintina "copying requirements" as 303. and pricing type as E..

regards

Edited by: chetan matur on Dec 4, 2009 12:38 PM