cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does message map and interface mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am new to XI I have to pick up modifying interfaces developed by somebody.

What is message map and interface mapping what do we do in these.

Also, I am getting some data in XML files I need to read parse and process them in XI can you please explain the steps involved in processing a XML file what does XSD play a role in the XML file processing in XI.

Thanks

Karen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is message map and interface mapping what do we do in these.

Message mapping is used to define the rules for structure change, Example, to change the structure of source so that you will get desired target output, you use message mapping.

While, at runtime, XI should know between which two structures the mapping is established, the interface mapping is used, where between two interfaces you define a mapping.

I am getting some data in XML files I need to read parse and process them in XI can you please explain the steps involved in processing a XML file what does XSD play a role in the XML file processing in XI.

Can you tell me what is the exact scenario?

If its XML file at sender side, then you can pick it up as it is, and process it in XI.

-Tanaya.

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are several blogs about such a simple scenario, see for instance:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417300)ID2048255150DB12418398679766670675End...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417300)ID2048255150DB12418398679766670675End...

Start from step 7 if you're SLD is already set up.

If you have an XSD file (a schema definition file defining the structure of the xml-file) you can easily import this as an external definition, and use this as your message type instead of creating data types.

Br,

Kenneth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanaya & Abhishek

Many thanks for your kind explanation.

Sorry I was too generic.

I am getting a XML file that is where the data comes from and I am getting a XSD file perhaps that defines the structure of the XML file this is my data source/sender and the receiver is I need to parse and post this data into SAP R/3

Thanks

Karen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, another related question what is in the interface Directory and Interface Repository and why does two tools Integration Builder for Design and configuration exist.

Also, what does receiver determination, interface determination and receiver agreement do.

Can you kindly throw some light on this.

Currently we are processing reading XML files processing them into IDoc targets to update SAP R/3

Thanks

Karen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karen,

Also, another related question what is in the interface Directory and Interface Repository and why does two tools Integration Builder for Design and configuration exist.

Also, what does receiver determination, interface determination and receiver agreement do.

Please search on SDN / SAP Help for these basic questions. There are lots of documents / blogs on these topics. These topics are necessary to know before you start working on PI.

Regards,

Neetesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Q: What is interface/ message mapping?

A: Search facility of SDN need to be used for this question....lots of documents available on SDN as well as help.sap.com

Q: what does XSD play a role in the XML file processing in XI?

A: XSD defines the structure of message....while XML contains the payload (data structure + data)

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My question was how do I process a XML file thru XI. Please clarify what are the high level steps involved and what each step does.

Thanks

Karen

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
My question was how do I process a XML file thru XI.

XI processes only XML content.....for this you need to start with designing DataType (one for sender and one for receiver)....this will represent the structure of your message

Then comes Message Type (based on Data Type)....this contains the actual payload....i.e the XML file.

Message Interface....to define mode/ direction of execution.

Message Mapping (can also be JAVA, XSLT, ABAP).....this is where transformation of source data into target data takes places.

Interface Mapping.....Source and target Message Interfaces are binded together by the mapping program in a Interface Mapping.

This completes the Integration repository part.

Now in Integration Directory:

Sender Channel...to receive the data from source system.

Sender Agreement....to bind the channel with corresponding interface and service

Receiver Determination.....to choose the receiver for the corresponding source service

Interface Determination....Interfac Mapping included here which binds source and target interfaces at runtime.

Receiver Channel and Receiver Agreement have the same function as for Sender channel and Sender Agreement....but for receiver.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

In message maping you have to do mapping between structures and then you have to assgin your mapping program in interface mapping this can be graphical,XSLT,Java,ABAP.

Regards