cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certification through Pearson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please guide me about does it make difference if certification is taken through Pearson. I heard some one saying that he even faced lot of technical errors during the test which wasted almost 5-10 minutes of his test and above it the stress had gone up as already the candidate was stressed due to exam. Is the certificte obtained on the moment if exam is passed or it is sended by sap after several months of clearing the exam.

Please guide on all aspects. Guy's I need help from all of you who have already done certification through Pearson. Please guide as the money involved in giving certification is too high for average salaried person and all the Pros Cons need to be known beforehand.

Thanks for your valuable time........

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to weigh in about certifications at Pearson. My involvement with certification exams is strictly from the North American perspective.

In NA, the BusinessObjects exams are only administered through Pearson VUE. Sometime during 2010, you should see these exams also offered at SAP exam locations. Most of the current and recent SAP exams are offered through Pearson VUE. To be honest, I have not seen the types of issues as mentioned in this thread regarding the exams taken at NA VUE centers. SAP Education spent alot of time during 2009 to ensure the testing experience at VUE is comparable to that at SAP test facilities. For North America, VUE is a major part of our exam delivery strategy due to the travel restrictions imposed on our students and I expect this to be the same in 2010. In NA, the VUE testing facility provides a score report (breakdown of exam section percentage) and the exam certificate (for SAP exams). For SAP BusinessObjects exams passed at VUE, the regional NA SAP Education group sends the final certificate. You may see this same process used in 2010 for SAP exams passed at VUE.

If you have any questions, please let me know. Again, my intent is to clarify the regional implications to using VUE. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes Kenneth I agree with you. The mail said that SAP has stopped it in India only. In NA, what you have quoted might be correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth

How many exams you have to give in BO to get the Final Certificate from SAP , and do we have to inform sap that we have cleared the exam and the details,

Pls ... Advice

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should review the SAP BusinessObjects website at Pearson VUE. It explains the requirements for the different SBO exams AS THEY ARE CURRENTLY DEFINED. Please keep in mind, once the SBO exams are migrated to the SAP Global Certification Program at the end of April, there will only be 4 SBO exams with each providing a certificate.

Here is the website link: http://www.pearsonvue.com/busobjects/.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am closing this issue on receiving mail from SAP saying that they have stopped certification from Pearson due to too many flaws reported. Presently they authorize Pearson only for B1 and Business objects. If any body else has some thing to add to this then they are most welcome.

0 Kudos

Then what is the authorised center for SAP Certification in india?

former_member195124
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeshwar

Siemens (SISL), Genovate and BPCL are authorised trainings centres in India.

Regards

former_member195124
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Komal,

Please clarify your question.

Have you already finished the training and will be taking ONLY the certification exam at Pearson now??

If you are talking about technical errors, then let me tell you that all SAP certificate exams are taken on Germany servers now. So if at any point of time you are logged out or any other error occurs, your answers remain saved till what you had appeared. At any point of time, you will surely get your own 3 hours for finishing the exam.

So please do not worry about the technical errors.

Please clear your quesion whether you are only going for certification or the training too. Because if you want training too, then Siemens or Genovate is a better option.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Z

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for your prompt reply..

I am going for certification only...I am working as SD CTM from past 1 year 10 months and I think so it would be better to appera directly for cerfification ...also I can't afford training at this point. .....Can you please guide me about SOlMAN part in SD certification.........are the two books TSCM60 and TSCM62 sufficient for certification or some other material is required for ERP solution knowledge and SOLMAN....there are lot of certified people around in company but no bosy want's the other one to get certified.......so please send your genuine advice....thanks a lot.........

former_member195124
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Komal

In your case Pearson should not be a problem.

Usually, after the certification exam, you only get the result. If you pass, you would get the certificate from SAP , Germany via post/courier in 5-7 weeks. Confirm this with Pearson before doing the registration for the exam.

Also, I am an SAP FI certified guy, so wouldn't be able to answer your Sales order / Fulfilment related queries. But as per the syllabus these are the only 2 books / codes that you need to refer. Ask some SD person in the SD Community here. Or better, search through these forums. It will help.

For Solution Manager, usually it is 5% of any certification exam. For that you have to study SM001 module. it is approximately 50 pages. Ask for the same from Pearson. You should get the basic idea of it online too. from sap.com

All the best for your certification!

Regards

Z

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

One minute ago I got a mail from SAP education saying that peason is not authorized in India for certification except for business Object certification and only this morning I called Pearson and the Manager over there says he confirmend that the test can be given from here . It's soo much confusion with SAP. I am pretty sure that the guy in Pearson did his home work well before informing me as I personally know him and also he contact few people in his head office. See the exact draft which I got from SAP. It only know that I have to goto Pearson authorized center today evening and clarify the matter.

Hi,

Person is not authorized to give certification in INDIA except the Business Object Certification.

Thanks & Regards

Joyce Priya

Education Consultant

SAP India Pvt. Ltd.

#5, Domlur Service Road

Domlur, Bangalore - 560 071

Ph: +91-80-41154150 /51 /52 /53

former_member195124
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is exactly what I was worried about too.

Logically, there are ONLY 3 partners who are authorised to give you ORIGINAL SAP certifications - BPCL, Siemens & Genovate.

If you are paying anything lesser than Rs.25,000 then it is a fake.

Please call at SAP's helpline number form their website or ask Pearson direct on the face whether this is genuine certification or not.

Its always better to ask 10 different people / friends about this than to pay for a fake certification.

I might be wrong, but follow this. It will help.

Let me know if anything else comes up.

All the best!

Z