cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of attempts to change Item Category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Issue is regarding how many times the system will allow you to change Item Category.

I could find only once it allows to change the item category, 1st system picks the default Item Category and next you can select only once to change the item category.

To change the item category for 2nd time, item category field is greyed out.

May I know where is the control and why is it so to select only once and field getting greyed out, what is the logic.

Response will be of great help.

Thanks n regards,

Vijayashree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Item category selection option getting greyed out or number of attempts to change the item category depends on the material type.

consider this issue to be solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. There is no such limit.

It is possible that a subsequent document have been created. For Eg. If only Sales Order is created, but Delivery have not been created, it will allow to change Item Category. After a Delivery is created, I suppose it might be restricting.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laxmipathi & Rajesh,

Thanks for the inputs.

Guess I could come to some conculsion regarding the same issue.

I was Under assumption that we can enter the item category as many times as possible. But the fact is after the testing, guess item category selection options depends on Mateiral type.

Hope this explaination will suffice to solve the issue addressed.

Thanks and regards,

Vijayashree

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
To change the item category for 2nd time, item category field is greyed out.

Assuming that you were talking about sale order, I dont think so. You can change the same till subsequent document is generated. Only when subsequent document is generated, the item category will become grey.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi