cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear approval queue in IDM 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have IDM working very well in dev/test/uat SAP instances and it is integrated to HCM. But I have a small problem of my own making. When playing with provisioning I set an approval task so all HCM changes come to me first.

Sounds like a great way to test ? But I was then testing the HCM LDAP export and sent 10,000+ HCM records down to IDM.

My approval queue now contains more then 10,000 entries and this is a bit hard to clear manually through the web page.

Does anyone know how to flag all the items in the approval queue as 'Approved' ?

regards

Phil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

A much easier way is to simply create a job, that deletes all approvals from your system.

It must be possible to create an sql statement on the source tab that deletes all entries that matches your approval tasks - e.g.

select distinct(mskey)

from mxiv_sentries

where is_id = 'insert correct id here'

and AttrName = 'MX_ENTRYTYPE'

and SearchValue = 'MX_PENDING_VALUE'

and then simply delete these mskeys on the destination tab.

Kind regards

Heidi

oliver_nocon
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would absolutely avoid doing any change on the DB directly.

Using the scripts ensures that your DB stays consistent, i.e. audit data etc. will be correct.

Best regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I agree, but as long as he is working in a test or development environment I do not see the harm.

/Heidi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your help.

Yes, it is test/uat instance - a testbed before going to production. But a task that is able to clear the approval queue and maintain database integrity would be handly to have.

In this case I am happy to clear the approvals straight from the database - there are no other approvals pending except the large number I created and the audit log is not a mandatory requirement in this case. In a production system I would certainly prefer not to do database deletes.

regards

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

I'd say clean your identity store and redo the operation. Or else explore the database tables and lookup the difference in attributes between an approved MX_PERSON and an unapproved. I'm not sure about the exact naming but look in the direction of MX_APPROVAL.

I hope that might help.

oliver_nocon
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

check out following uFunction:

- uApplyPending

- uIS_SetApproval

if you use these in a toGeneric pass you can build a job which loops over your pending approvals and closes them ...

Best regards,

Oliver