cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching web dynpro application from another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am building some functionality to allow end users to launch forms that are built in WDA. I am building a basic WDA application with a table from where they can select a row and then launch the form (which would be a separate WDA application where the WDA application name is stored in one of the row fields). Because in the future we could have many form scenarios I don't think it will be practical to have all the forms as separate views in the launching WDA app.

I am used to the old way of launching a transaction via the CALL statement in ABAP and wondering if this type of functionality can be achieved in a WDA context. If there is a better way of doing this that would be great but as I'm fairly new to WDA I'm just not sure what options I have to achieve this.

Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Check this thread:

Regards,

Vikrant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael Arter ,

If you are calling your WD applications using EP iViews, then there is also another way to call a Portal iView from WD ABAP.

Please check the required source code in WDR_TEST_PORTAL_NAV Web Dynpro component. That will illustrate both Page based Navigation and Object based Navigation.

Regards,

Vikrant Trivedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrent,

Thanks for the info. I am going to use the Portal manager to navigate to the other WDA via an Iview.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you calling any standarad transactions...

Using the IFrame Ui and with ITS you can call the transactions....

Can you elaborate more..

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Essentially I am building a WDA application that will have a table UI element which will contain data relating to different processes an end user can launch. When they select a row I am wanting to then launch another WDA application if at all possible? I'm not sure if this is the best way I should be structuring things?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In teh TABLE, gibe UI element as LinktoURL as one of the columns and when the use cliecks on this URL for that row, youcan trigger another WDA by passing the URL name of the target WDA ..

Is that fine...

abhishekjain
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to launch WDA application from another you can use Suspend and Resume plugs.

Please refer to this link

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/45/19bf8c16f25d7ae10000000a11466f/content.htm]

Edited by: Abhishek Jain on Dec 4, 2009 7:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abishek,

Thanks for the link. Can you tell me where the method wd_this->get_main_window_ctr( ) (as per the example) is supposed to be defined? My apologies but still fairly new to WDA.

Michael