cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching web dynpro application from another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am building some functionality to allow end users to launch forms that are built in WDA. I am building a basic WDA application with a table from where they can select a row and then launch the form (which would be a separate WDA application where the WDA application name is stored in one of the row fields). Because in the future we could have many form scenarios I don't think it will be practical to have all the forms as separate views in the launching WDA app.

I am used to the old way of launching a transaction via the CALL statement in ABAP and wondering if this type of functionality can be achieved in a WDA context. If there is a better way of doing this that would be great but as I'm fairly new to WDA I'm just not sure what options I have to achieve this.

Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can launch WDA Applications in the different ways:

- If you want to have the other application in the same window you should work with plugs, in order to navigate.

The outbound-plug opening the other application should be in the window as "Exit-Plug". There you define the parameter "URL" as importing parameter. When firing the plug, hand over the new URL.

- If you want to have the other applicaiton in a new window:

First generate the URL to your WDA application, then:

lo_window_manager = lo_cmp_api->get_window_manager( ).
* create external window
  lo_window_manager->create_external_window(
    exporting
      url           = lv_url
      title         = lv_title
      has_menubar   = abap_false
      has_statusbar = abap_false
      has_toolbar   = abap_false
      has_location  = abap_false
    receiving
      window        = lo_window ).

* open window