cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling/Emailing results from Visual Composer Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I have created a model in VC CE 7.1 (EHP1) environment to read data from ECC, BW systems and perform certain calculations to store the data in a table as output.

So, at the execution time the data is showing up in the model as expected.

I would need some input on couple of things,

1. Is there an option to schedule the visual composer model in the background, in order to perform the calculations and also can it be triggered based on event based scheduling...

2. Is there an option/possibility to validate the data and say if the keyfigure value is above certain value as per the validations then send out an email....

I do understand VC models are more for dashboarding but still would like to consider the tool for other purposes as well.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dharma,

Here are some answers to your questions:

1. There's no built-in support for scheduling Visual Composer models in the background, since Visual Composer is a UI tool and it's applications are to called by the user. You can maybe implement another applications that will call the WD URL thus starting the VC modeled application.

2. Event based email are not supported by Visual Composer. However, I've heard several customers have implemented a web service that sends emails based on the content it gets from Visual Composer (since Visual Composer does support web services).

Regards,

Natty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Netanel,

Thanks for replying back and for the suggestions.

Did you get a chance to write data back from VC into BW/ECC systems?

I have data available within a table in VC and am trying to write the data back into BW/ECC systems but somehow I am not able to pass the data back.

Can you please share your experience if possible.

Thanks.

Answers (0)