cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client export to a target on another system not in domain controller

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to do a client export scc8 to a remote target that is not in the domain controller. Actually, I want to do this to create a transport to be re-used several times. I really only need the profile SAP_PROF. I don't want to do a remote client copy because I'm not sure if the network can handle the traffic. Basically, I want to copy the profiles and roles on a production system to a sandbox system. They are on different operating systems. Is this not possible with scc8?

thanks,

Barbara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barbara,

If you want to do client export, first execute the scc8 txn select your required profile sap_pro, then it will generate the transport request, take these data and cofiles into your destination system (which is not included in your domain), add this transport request in ur target buffer and import it then execute scc7 in ur targe system.

Regs

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra,

Unfortunately scc8 is not possible because you must give it a target that is in the trasnport domain and my target is not. Hence, the problem.

Barbara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barbara,

You can do it as Chandra suggested. Just change the SID's in the files generated and copy them to the domain in which your target system resides. Import it using SCC7.

I always do it for copying the user masters from Prod Systems.

Regards,

Raghu Chukkapalli.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is very interesting.

Can you tell me how you go about changing the information in the exports. I ended up doing a remote client copy and since it was just profiles and roles I got away with it but if it was customizing data too it would not have worked because the target is not at the same support level as the source.

If you can be more specific it would be a great tool

Thank you,

Barbara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now that's more like I wanted to know. I was looking into that but was not sure. I'll would love some more information. Does that have to be done through client 000? Because if it does that is very important to me.

Thanks,

Barbar

alen_mikulic
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The client export should be done from your production client( pls be mindful to undertake this during low user activity).

The target system which is your sandbox and the client where you would be importing should be specified in scc8.

The roles and profiles are client dependent so should be imported where they would be used.

Cheers Sam

alen_mikulic
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This should be possible as the three files generated in data and co files are OS and DB independent.

I would suggest you create a new client and try importing these roles/profiles there.

Cheers Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is the source is a production client and I have the client I want to import the roles and profiles into in the sandbox.but the scc8 doesn't know about that sandbox since they are not connected in the transport domain controller. So on the scc8 screen the drop down doesn't allow me to put in the target In really want.

Barbara

alen_mikulic
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can force it to with existing systems but to make it simple you can create a virtual system with the same sid as your sandbox and then do the export.(you can remove the virtual system after the export exercise).

Cheers Sam