cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIP calculation issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have PS implemented and current process is as follows.

We have PP order for making tooling and we assign WBS here but settlement is still on some material..

When tooling is ready and goes to stock, we do a MIGO to post it to WBS.

and then we do result analysis to calculate WIP for WBS.

If the PP order is created and completed the same month then GI also takes place the same and we have no issue with WIP.

But when it takes long time for completion of order and so there is no GI to WBS , so obviously no WIP is calculated.

This results in high cost values for PP orders.

Ideally, we should settle PP order to WBS and then WBS has WIP calculation.

But we many problems prevented us in doing so at the time of implementation.

Currently we are looking for some temporary solution to fix this issue. May be we calculate WIP for PP order and as well as for WBS. What would be the impact in this case.

Also please share if you have any better ideas.

Awaiting your guidance.

Best Regards,

Apps

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Not sure if it helps you...are you setting KKAO for month wise analysis. Set it to 0 and try.

Also let me know you are maintaining project stock through production? or assigning PP order to WBS element for any budget controlling? In second case you can run RA for PP order directly so that you wont have any problems. For first case just try above solution and let me know if it fares.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apps,

We have open question, how to calculate WIP in PS?We are in the ECC6.0 implementation phase.You have mentioned"Ideally, we should settle PP order to WBS and then WBS has WIP calculation."Looks like WBS has WIP calculation.I am not able to find it,can you please help me find that.

Thanks and regards

Pratibha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run RA for production orders and settle them to WBS after production order is finished.

After you issue the materials to Project run RA and settlement as per your requirement.

Thanks,

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muzamil,

We have open question, how to calculate WIP in PS?We are in the ECC6.0 implementation phase.Looks like WBS has WIP calculation.I am not able to find it,can you please help me find that.

Thanks and regards

Pratibha