Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coexistence of org key and structural authorisation restrictions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are doing prototype on structural authorisations to check the coexistence of org key

(currently,used in all HR/Payroll roles) and structural profiles(to be implemented only for LSO roles).

Initial testing failed as structural authorisation is overriding org key restriction.In the test scenario,

Payroll Manager who is also a LMS Manager is not able to access any employees outside the org unit specified

in structural authorisation restriction.

To overcome this limitation, I guess we will have to activate context sensitive auth object P_ORGINCON.

Has anyone come across this scenario before? If we activate P_ORGINCON, do we have to update this object to

include the values contained in P_ORGIN(which is currently utilised in HR/Payroll roles)?

Any ideas are appreciated.

Regards,

Pavana

Edited by: Pavana Mallavaram on Dec 4, 2009 11:55 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using context dependent authorization you also have to change some settings with transaction OOAC(T77SO). You have to activate incon (value 1) and deactivate orgin (value 0). In the role you have to copy the P_ORGIN values to P_ORGINCON and in the field PROFL you put in your structural authorization(T77PQ, T77PR). The structural authorization should also be in T77UA so I read, but that I have to verify. There are some more questions asked about this in this forum, so try a search.

Have fun

Bye Jan van Roest

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using context dependent authorization you also have to change some settings with transaction OOAC(T77SO). You have to activate incon (value 1) and deactivate orgin (value 0). In the role you have to copy the P_ORGIN values to P_ORGINCON and in the field PROFL you put in your structural authorization(T77PQ, T77PR). The structural authorization should also be in T77UA so I read, but that I have to verify. There are some more questions asked about this in this forum, so try a search.

Have fun

Bye Jan van Roest

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

We are not going to follow the context sensitive authorisation approach as all the exisitng HR/Payroll roles(>10,000) have to be modified. We are looking at other options such as using bypass BADI's to exclude structural restriction for some users on specific transaction codes.

Has anyone used this approach?

Regards,

Pavana