Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynPro JAva New Variable Classpath entry

sarah_bavousett
Participant
0 Kudos

I am new to Webdynpro java and new to NWDI,

When I created webdynpro projects locally before NWDI, the projects had all the required class path variable for the wd_RUNTIME. I am nowcreating DC project type WebdynPro and every project when created has classpath variable problems. I know I can add them one by one to every project thru" project properties >Libraries> Add variable --> WD_RUNTIME --> extend" but that is time consuming. Is there a way to add default class path variables that all projects in that track will be built with. I have also done "Organize Imports" and nothing gets imported to resolve errors

These imports are not being brought into the project

import com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.sl.api.WDSystemLandscape;

import com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.um.api.IWDClientUser;

import com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.um.api.WDClientUser;

import com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.session.api.IWDWindow

An example of a basic class path variable missing from wd_RUNTIME is

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime_2_0.0

Any Help on this matter would be very much appreciated.

thank you,

sarah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sarah_bavousett
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you,

BR, Siarhei

I was able to add an additional dependency to the WD TRack in NWDI that was missing. It was EP_BUILDT. That solved the standard WD errors I was getting.

When I want to use the following commands

IUser u = wduser.getSAPUser();

What is the way to get my imports such as the following into the WebDynpro NWDI track for all project?

import com.sap.security.api.IUser;

import com.sap.security.api.IUserAccount;

Thank you for your time an help,

Sarah

Is there a way to add default class path variables that all projects in that track will be built with.This is not necessary in your case.

BR, Siarhei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

In case you need to minimize the effort for adding dependency, then create an external library of all the jars deployed in a single DC and making public parts of it and adding just both the public parts in your DC.

Use for reference:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/60a0f850-c451-2c10-a6a6-ddcabfa3a65b

Regards,

Tushar Sinha

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sarah

>I know I can add them one by one to every project thru" project properties >Libraries> Add variable --> WD_RUNTIME --> extend" but that is time consuming

This is not a proper way in SAP NWDS. If you create WebDynpro DC then all the necessary references must be there already. You do not need to add them manually.

1. Check Used DC section in DC Definition to ensure that all standard WebDynpro component usages are included.

2. Try to Build DC

3. If it's built successfully try to Rebuild Project or Reload+Rebuild. This will update Eclipse's classpath and all the error messages shall disappear from Eclipse.

>Is there a way to add default class path variables that all projects in that track will be built with.

This is not necessary in your case.

BR, Siarhei