Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file to Bapi scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am working ona scenario.

Sender will drop the required file on XI directory and XI will pull the file and map it with the BAPI u2013 and crate time entries in SAP HR. If errors are encountered during the process they are returned to the client in a report or as erroneous file.

Sender Application: sender

Target Application: SAP R/3

Sender XI Adapter: File

Receiver XI Adapter: BAPI

Response

Sender Application: SAP R/3

Target Application: sender

Sender XI Adapter: BAPI

Receiver XI Adapter: File

1) sender will FTP the file to XI directory

2) XI will send the file after validation with BAPI for time entry creation in SAP R/3.

3) If there is an error encountered XI will get an error response from BAPI

4) The erroneous file is sent to XI directory for client to view

This is the whole design. Please advice me how to do it. what business systems will have to create and of what type.

Experst, please explain me teh whoel design . Each answer will be appreciated.

Thanks

Veeru

Edited by: viru srivastava on Dec 3, 2009 11:05 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your scenario is simply File-RFC-File(Without BPM). Go through this wiki if it helps you.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/file-rfc-file%28without+bpm%29

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Veeru,

1. File - PI - R3

ESR - 2 DT, 2 MT, 2 SI, 1 MM, 1 OM

ID - 2 Communication Component (Business Systems), 2 CC (Sender File NFS / Receiver RFC), 1 Sender Agreement, 1 Receiver Agreement, 1 Interface Determination, 1 Receiver Determination

2. R3 - PI - File

ESR - 2 DT, 2 MT, 2 SI, 1 MM, 1 OM

ID - 2 Communication Component (Business Systems), 2 CC (Sender RFC / Receiver File NFS), 1 Sender Agreement, 1 Receiver Agreement, 1 Interface Determination, 1 Receiver Determination

Since you have mentioned "XI directory", I assume that FTP is being done on PI server and PI will pick that file using NFS.

RFC can send back a response, so if you want, you can use the response structure from 1st scenario as the source for your 2nd scenario.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Neetesh

Edited by: Neetesh Raj on Dec 3, 2009 3:18 PM

Edited by: Neetesh Raj on Dec 3, 2009 3:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neetesh,

Its a synchronous sceanrio. So I have to design one RFC sender and one RFC receiver communication channel.

I am bit confused abt the communication channel structure. Can anyone pls help me reagrding the same i.e how to configure the communication channel as it is a synchronous file to bapi scenario.

Thanks

Veeru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need only one RFC adapter on the receiver side. If you check the link given above...its exactly what you want

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Veeru,

Its a synchronous sceanrio. So I have to design one RFC sender and one RFC receiver communication channel.

Since it is synchronous, you need only one Receiver RFC channel. Let us know if you have more issues.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nestesh,

I am still not clear with the design of the File sender and file receiver communication channell. can u suggest me some blog which i can refer. just help me out neetesh.

Thanks

Veeru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Veeru,

Go through this ... it walks you through step-by-step, an exact similar requirement.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File-RFC-File%28Without%20BPM%29

Let us know if you still have problems.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Neetesh,

I have got how to build a synchronous scenario for file to BAPI.

Pleasea let me to know how to handle teh error handling while we get teh wrong response from BAPI.

Thanks

Veeru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Veeru,

It all depends what kind of error handling you want to do. I would suggest that you should go for implementing Alert Framework, which will cover any errors coming on your PI system.

Kindly make a search on SDN for further information on ALM.

Regards,

Neetesh