cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backgrond jobs status showing only released in SOLMAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Few days back by mistake all the user id in SOLMAN gets deleted. Hence we have to mannualy obtain the SAP*

password via database level and again recreate all the users with the same authorization and profile.

After that I checked all the background jobs were running fine.Now from today when I am going to sm37 with job name '*',

user name '' ,under job status scheduled,released,finished,canceled,ready,active all set to '' it is showing only the released jobs.None of the jobs are coming with status finished or cancelled.

Then I mannually created a new job for mail sending with ABAP pogram RSCONN01 and scheduled it to run every

5 minutes but again in sm37 it is showing in released status and even after selecting finished and cancelled options it

is showing blank.

With lots of user ids jobs are coming only in released state thought they are scheduled to run hourly.

It is neither getting cancelled nor showing a finished status.Does anyone has faced this ever or anyone has any

idea then I request you to please help.

Regards,

PG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alen_mikulic
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The scheduled jobs are not running, but has any other jobs run for the day or any existing job has hung occupying the work process.

Pls check your system logs, st22 and the work process status if they report any problems.

Also check if any file systems like /usr/sap/SID or your user sap drive is not full, including your db data files/ archive/log drives.

Pls come back with your response.

Cheers Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sam ,

Thanks a lot. I owe to SDN..:)..You were absolutely right. When I checked my local wp via sm50.All the BGD work process were on hold status since more than 15000 seconds.

I manually cancelled those jobs and now the backgrond jobs has started running as usual.

Best Regards,

PG

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess, you need take care of job schedule procedure to ensure that jobs are schedule to run periodically rather immediate for just one run of the job.

Regards

Sekhar