cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursor not placed on the field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I have created a transaction in ABAP and then an ITS Service with the following parameters:

~GENERATEDYNPRO 1

~TRANSACTION ZMYTRANSACTION

~NOHEADEROKCODE 1

~WEBTRANSACTIONTYPE EWT

~POPUPS 1

~THEME 99

In the PBO I have used the command SET CURSOR FIELD 'ZSTRU-MATNR' and it works fine if I execute the transaction from SAP. But when I try on the web browser (IE6), then the field changes the color (like it has the focus) but the cursor is not in it and I cannot type anything. In this case I always have to click on the field, to place the cursor there and enter the material number.

Does anybody have an idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Fernando

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Fernando,

Please see note 592950. Cursor focus is not available on EWT transactions.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

thanks a lot for your reply!

I checked the note you mentioned and the behavior of being positioned in the first field of the screen is ok for the first screen (a selection-screen). However, when the user goes to the next screen, depending on some criteria, the cursos must be positioned in a different field.

I've tried to change the parameter from EWT to MINIAPP, but 1. it looks very ugly and 2. doesn't change anything regarding the focus.

Do you have any other idea on how I could solve this problem?

This application will be executed on a Tablet PC, but even if I execute it from my laptop, it has the same behavior. The point is that the user must scan the information on the fields and it's not acceptable that he always must click on the field before scanning.

Thanks a lot for your time!

Fernando

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar

thanks for your second reply!

I removed the 2 parameters as you suggested but I still have the problem. The focus is on the right field, but the cursor is on the ALV grid and the user cannot type anything However, I learned something with your last post.

I hope you (or anybody else) can still help me out with it.

Thanks again!

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also have an ALV grid on the same screen and the cursor is actually placed on it (even though the field on the header has a different color, looking like it has the focus).

Maybe this additional info can help us to come further on my questions!

Thanks!

Fernando

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Fernando,

I would remove the folling parameters completely from the service.

~NOHEADEROKCODE 1

~WEBTRANSACTIONTYPE EWT

MINIAPP is not a valid value for the ~webtransactiontype parameter.

Please see note 1010519 to limit the users functionality of the toolbar. Please note that you may also need to change the setting in SE93 for your service, from EWT to Professional User Transaction.

Edgar