Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License key MINISAP NSP

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I successfully installed the MINISAP NSP (ABAP) Sneak Preview more than a month ago (30 day trial version). I forgot to request a new 90 license key in time, so now I can't extend it with the ney license key I just received, since I can't log in anymore.

Is there a way to extend my license without uninstalling and installing (again) the MINISAP NSP system?

Kind regards,

Micky.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to start ur server in back date,may be u can login into minisap, then u can extend ur license key.

Regards

Subhash

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

additional info to my problem:

When logging off from the computer I receive a message saying something like:

The instruction at …… referenced memory at …….. The memory could not

be "read"

I only receive this error message during logging off after I have tried to Install my new license key for MiniSAP – not every time I am logging off.

I remember that I received a similar message when installing the temporary minisap version in april 2007. After deactivating the Norton Antivirus program and after removing one of my programs the installation completed successfully. (I think it was a Quick Play software I removed or something like that).

Is it truly that when renewing a Minisap license, it only works for Windows XP Pro and not for Windows XP Home? Why was the computer trying to read a memory address which was not readable when logging off the computer after trying to install a new MiniSAP license key? Am I missing a file in the OS or something?

Regards

Viveka

klaus_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Viveka,

Have you filled the field system number during your prolongation license request? Usually you have to fill this fiel if you have already requested another license. The value can be found in transaction SLICENSE when you look at the previous installed license there is a column System Number.

If you have not entered a value during your request, no problem:

Just log in using SAP*, delete the old license in transaction SLICENSE by right-click-> Delete and install your new license. I'm not sure, propably you have to restart the SAP system after removing the old license.

Rgds,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Klaus,

In the system number.field it is written "System No.Empty" (Current license is the

first templicense). I have therefore always left this field empty when filling in the

request form for new license key on www.sap.com/minisap.

I tried to logon to cl.000 with user sap*, marked the row (templicense row), right-clicked and then choosed "Delete License" from the list.

I then received a message saying:

"Only the administrator is allowed to delete licenses. When the valid system licenses has expired, only the user SAP* can log on to the system. In this case, it would be dangerous to delete a license. This is why the user SAP* is never

allowed to delete a license." !!

However, since I haven't started developing yet in NSP and was prepared to re-install everything if nothing worked out, I thought I better try first with debugging the SLICENSE program after selecting "Delete license" in order to "manipulate" the check giving the message above. It worked - the old templicense was deleted!

I restarted the system and tried to install the new license key according to instructions found on SDN: System number should not be filled, the thread said, so I left the field System number empty in the installation pop-up. I still received the same error SLIC105 - invalid license key.

Finally, I tried to fill in the system number received in the mail from SAP anyway -

and now it works !! The new license was installed and it's possible to login with

other users again.

Thank you very much Klaus for giving me the encouragement to remove the old

license key. If I had not received your recommendation, I would never have dared

to think of removing the old license key before installing the new one.

Please copy your answer into my new thread and I can give you my points. (This thread was already marked as answered, so I can't give you any points in this thread I guess)

The new thread was created 27th of August and called:

Error SLIC105 - install new licence key for MiniSAP NSP SP8, Win XP Home

Best regards

Viveka

martin_bako
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem with extending my Minisap after the old License has been already expired. User BCUSER can not log in and SAP* can not install the new license because I have got a different System no. with the new license than the old ones, and the old licenses can not be deleted too.

(You Wrote: I try with debugging the SLICENSE program after selecting "Delete license" in order to "manipulate" the check giving the message above. It worked - the old templicense was deleted!)

would you please explain to me how to do this

Thanks in advance.

Tomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Klaus,

I almost gave up until I saw your reply.

My message above was a result of ordering the wrong license key: I had selected a new license key for "NSP above SP9" instead of "NSP up to SP 8" in the request form.

Now I have received a correct license key for my patch level (NSP SP 8):

SAPSYSTEM = NSP

HARDWARE-KEY = X1740239316

INSTNO = DEMOSYSTEM

EXPIRATION = 20071104

LKEY = KTRXP81383WTFIT4LJGOWRTP

SYSTEM-NR = 000000000310603402

But when pressing button "Install" in t.code SLICENSE (cl.000, logged in with sap*) I still receive after a minute the same error message:

Invalid license key

Message no. SLIC105

I have filled in the following in the popup in SLICENSE:

Inst.Number: DEMOSYSTEM

Hardware Key: X1740239316

System Number:

Expires on: 04.11.2007

Key: KTRXP81383WTFIT4LJGOWRTP

I am using Windows XP Home.

I have switched off Norton Antivirus while performing the installation via SLICENSE.

My NSP-license expired about six weeks ago (13th of July)

Is the problem that I am using Windows XP Home and not Windows XP Professional?

Do you have any suggestions on what to try next?

Kind regards

Viveka

russell_day2
Participant
0 Kudos

There are a couple of points raised here which have not been addressed.

1) If your license has expired, you can still log in as user SAP* with password minisap to run transaction SLICENSE.

2) If SLICENSE times out, there may be two causes:

a) you have left the date at the default 31.12.9999 and it should be something a lot sooner;

b) there is a lot of compiling going on at it just takes a lot of time.

(I had the timeout, and I was using the wrong date, but I fixed the date, and it took a short time to finish, so I don't know for sure which was the cause...)

3) The System Number field should be left blank. In particular, this is not the same system number that appears in the profiles. It is a number which is assigned by SAP as part of the licensing process for real systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If transaction SLICENSE times out, ensure that you actually enter all the following from the email:

• License key: 24 characters long

• License expiration date - SAP will not guess it.

• Installation-Nr.: this was DEMOSYSTEM for me the last time around.

As Russell said, don't fill in the system number.

The runtime is about 30 seconds (YMMV).

Mark von Delft

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ordered a new license key from www.sap.com/minisap homepage.

I filled in the form and received a mail including the following:

-

Begin SAP License -

SAPSYSTEM=NSP

HARDWARE-KEY=X1740239316

INSTNO=DEMOSYSTEM

BEGIN=20070805

EXPIRATION=20071104

LKEY=MIIBOgYJKoZIhvcNAQcCoIIBKzCCAScCAQExCzAJBgUrDgMCGgUAMAsGCSqGSIb3DQEHATGCAQYwggECAgEBMFgwUjELMAkGA1UEBhMCREUxHDAaBgNVBAoTE215U0FQLmNvbSBXb3JrcGxhY2UxJTAjBgNVBAMTHG15U0FQLmNvbSBXb3JrcGxhY2UgQ0EgKGRzYSkCAgGhMAkGBSsOAwIaBQCgXTAYBgkqhkiG9w0BCQMxCwYJKoZIhvcNAQcBMBwGCSqGSIb3DQEJBTEPFw0wNzA4MDYwOTE2MDBaMCMGCSqGSIb3DQEJBDEWBBQizra9qsQcDvgH0Q6MGqeq+0mDODAJBgcqhkjOOAQDBC4wLAIUVObR4lJQsFuecK9RzjNBoDlpXW8CFG9vTzKwCc6sEu9ictdwN0g4D/Cn

SWPRODUCTNAME=NetWeaver_ADA

SWPRODUCTLIMIT=2147483647

SYSTEM-NR=000000000310603011

However, the license key if far more than 24 characters. Can someone tell me how to retrieve a correct new license key?

The error message I receive in SLICENSE (logged in with cl.000, sap*) is:

SLIC105 Invalid license key.

klaus_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Wich version do you have installed and which of the entries for system have you choosen on the license page?

Usually you get a file named NSP.txt attached to the license mail.

You can use this file to install the license using transaction SLICENSE.

Regrads,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Do you know what is the reason that I do not receive the license key by email. I tried this before two weeks, I tried today but the result is the same. Are there any problems?

Best regards,

Detelin

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Strange.

Dirk confirmed that it works, and I receved mine for NSP 700 a couple of days ago.

Can you try another email address?

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also in the same predicament. I followed Raja instructions but when I get to following the screen instructions how can I find my sap system ID,my Sys# and the instructions say to logon to SAPnet and send a licsense request. How do I do this?Sorry folks I'm really newbie.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the link, there is a license guide there,it will explain the process how to install the apply the license key.

I hope it will solve ur problem

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/cfc19866-0401-0010-35b2-dc8158247fb6

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed the new license after gettink my HW key.

As I couldn't login (time expiration) I did:

-

E:\MBS>saplicense.exe -install

Specify your SAP System ID:

SAP SYSTEM ID = MBS

Specify your hardware key:

HARDWARE KEY = Z0258971049

Specify your installation number:

INSTALLATION NO = DEMOSYSTEM

Specify your expiration date:

EXPIRATION_DATE [YYYYMMDD] = 20060910

Specify your license key:

LICENSE_KEY 1...5....0....5....0...4

LICENSE_KEY = HTV914P46GRYQT5RTR5U5RXR

saplicense: License successfully installed

E:\MBS>

-

But, when I try to login in sapgui it complains about time expiration again! Like before I installed the new license!!

Can anyone help me?

(tonight I'm going to try change the machine's date, like Subhash Chandra said)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As this is a MBS system (4.6D?), log on to SAP with the user 'SAP*' and the password 'pass' then use transaction 'SLICENSE' and install the license.

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

try with latest SAP version from here and it is valid for 90 days

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/cfc19866-0401-0010-35b2-dc8158247fb6

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if you can login with user 'SAP*' default password 'pass', transaction 'SLICENSE'.

MattG.

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick replies. The most simple solution was presented by Subhash Chandra. I tried it, and it work just fine.

Thanks again, especially Subhash Chandra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I also have the same problem but in my case there were still 3 days left. So I logged on and tried to apply the new license via LICENSE, but that TA runs into run time limitation after 5 minutes.

Also the good old fashioned way failed first with the error message

C:\usr\sap\NSP\SYS\exe\nuc\NTI386>saplicense -install

• SAPLICENSE (Release 700) ERROR ***

ERROR: Can not set DbSl trace function

DETAILS: DbSlControl(DBSL_CMD_IMP_FUNS_SET) failed with return code 20

RC-INFO: error loading dynamic db-library - check environment for:

dbms_type = <db-type> (e.g. ora)

DIR_LIBRARY = <path to db-dll> (e.g. /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run)

So I set the missing dbms_type to ada, but now saplicense again fails:

C:\usr\sap\NSP\SYS\exe\nuc\NTI386>saplicense -install

• SAPLICENSE (Release 700) ERROR ***

ERROR: Connect to database failed

DETAILS: DbSlConnect failed with return code 99

SQL-ERROR -10709 (check DB manual for explanation)

Does anybody know what causes this?

Regards

Detlef

Former Member
0 Kudos

When applying a new license via the DOS command you need to run the DBENV.CMD file.

Does transaction SLICENSE exist in NSP.

MattG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm getting the same error...

Were you able to resolve it?

If so, how?

Thanks a lot.

JP

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1.start SAP MMC and right click on NSP node and click start

once NSP turns into full green

go to windows command prompt (note you should have logged on to windows with user nspadm or with admin rights)

and run <path>/saplicense.exe -install

and follow the screen instructions

Regards

Raja