Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service PO for Transportation

sudheer_ellath2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a scenario, where the client always go for a value contract with their service provider to transport their goods. In that case, can we go for a blanket service PO against this contract and use that for the settlement of shipment costs? As I know, in the standard process, SAP created service PO in the background once the shipment cost document is completed and set "transfer" status. In this case, please let me know the best approach, so that we can refer the contract too.

Thanks

Elsu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1.) Create a Service PO in ME21n for your Vendor (Forwarding Agent), and there you can maintain the value, no need to maintain the material Code, just mention the Short Text.

2.) Remove the automatic creation of PO option from the transaction T_56. Select your Shipment Cost Type then click on the Define Item category in the Left Hand Menu--> Select your Shipment Cost Item category >Click on the magnifying Glass>make the Generate PO field Blank. Save -

> Now the automatic PO creation during the shipmet cost creation in VI01 will stop, and while creating the shipment cost document the system will consider the Service PO which you have already created for that Vendor.

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Answers (0)