cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCoIDocServer can't find service after upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had just completed upgrading my program with regards to the normal SAP JCo connection going from 2.1.8 to 3.x without issues. Now I am trying to upgrade the program that was using the 1.0.6 version of JCo iDoc to the new 3.x version. If I use the 1.0.6 version to create the JCoIDoc.Server, I can start the server and receive iDocs correctly. After I have upgraded, while pointing to the same SAP machine, I get the following error when starting the JCoIDocServer :

<br>

<br>

>>> Error occured on BFRFC connection null

com.sap.conn.jco.JCoException: (129) JCO_ERROR_SERVER_STARTUP: Server startup failed at Thu Dec 03 13:13:46 CST 2009.<br>

This is caused by either a) erroneous server settings, b) the backend system has been shutdown, c) network problems.<br>

Could not start server: Connect to SAP gateway failed<br>

Connect parameters: TPNAME=BFRFC GWHOST=sap198 GWSERV=sapgw00<br>

<br>

<br>

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode<br>

ERROR service 'sapgw00' unknown<br>

TIME Thu Dec 3 13:13:46 2009<br>

RELEASE 711<br>

COMPONENT NI (network interface)<br>

VERSION 39<br>

RC -3<br>

MODULE niuxi.c<br>

LINE 1654<br>

DETAIL NiPGetServByName: 'sapgw00' not found<br>

SYSTEM CALL getaddrinfo<br>

COUNTER 1<br>

<br>

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServer.openConnection(DefaultServer.java:1025)<br>

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServer.adjustConnectionCount(DefaultServer.java:909)<br>

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServer.addListener(DefaultServer.java:257)<br>

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServer.start(DefaultServer.java:609)<br>

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServer.start(DefaultServer.java:596)<br>

at com.sap.conn.idoc.jco.DefaultJCoIDocServer.start(DefaultJCoIDocServer.java:96)<br>

<br>

<br>

Ive done some research and most say this error is caused by the services file. I checked there and I have the following :

<br>

<br>

sapmsIDM 3600/tcp # SAP System Message Port<br>

sapdp00 3200/tcp # SAP System Dispatcher Port<br>

sapdp00s 4700/tcp # SAP System Dispatcher Security Port<br>

sapgw00 3300/tcp # SAP System Gateway Central Instance Port<br>

sapgw00s 4800/tcp # SAP System Gateway Security Port<br>

<br>

<br>

and of course, the lower version of JCo is working so I dont think that this is the problem. I have also ran transaction SMGW and the gateway hostname and service are correctly defined there.

<br>

<br>

Can anyone think of what I am doing wrong? The steps that I am taking are as follows:<br>

1) Create the Destination<br>

2) Create the JCoIDocServer with the destination name from above, the gateway host and service, and the program ID.<br>

3) Define the IDocHandlerFactory, TIDHandler, Server Error/Exception listener and the connection count<br>

4) start the server<br>

<br>

<br>

If more information is needed to diagnose, I am more than willing to put more up.

<br>

<br>

Thanks,

<br>

brendan

Edited by: Brendan Farrell on Dec 3, 2009 8:29 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brendan,

Have you tried setting the GWSERV property, i.e. ServerDataProvider.JCO_GWSERV, to 3300 instead of <i>sapgw00</i>? It is kind of strange, because the error message looks like a missing entry in the services file. However, per your posting this doesn't seem applicable in your case (there might still be some weird typo or control character that we don't see). So let us know if using the port number instead of service name leads to success or different error message.

Cheers, harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harald. Setting GW Service to 3300 instead got everything working for me.

Answers (0)