Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default user settings template for new IDs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to set the default language in the User Master record (SU3 / SU01) to 'EN' for new IDs. It is currently blank when a new user is created. Where are the User default settings defined for Language?

Thank you,

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

A simpler way to do this would be to activate the parameter ID in the person who creates the user ID. I think that should work here. I dont have a system so I cant confirm this on my own. Who ever creates User ID's if you set the parameter SPR as EN it should do the job.

The other slightly more complex way would be to use SHD0. I have never used it for SU01, but it can be used to create variant transactions, such that some of your transactions get called with a default value.

BEst Wishes,

Chinmaya

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

A simpler way to do this would be to activate the parameter ID in the person who creates the user ID. I think that should work here. I dont have a system so I cant confirm this on my own. Who ever creates User ID's if you set the parameter SPR as EN it should do the job.

The other slightly more complex way would be to use SHD0. I have never used it for SU01, but it can be used to create variant transactions, such that some of your transactions get called with a default value.

BEst Wishes,

Chinmaya

0 Kudos

I tried setting the parameter SPR to EN in my ID; then created an new ID. The Default Language field still did not populate. Sorry, this option doesn't work.

0 Kudos

Our user IDs are created automatically using HRUSER (via CUA), so there is no user involvement. I thought there would be a template definition somewhere where the user default language value can be defined. None of the solutions provided thus far are what I am looking for.

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Try this Parameter zcsa/system_language.

Regards,

Rajesh

0 Kudos

The ZCSA/system_language parameter as suggested will probably do the job.. but I am just curious why parametr ID didnt work for SU01 itself... the behavior just defies what parameter ID;s do.....will probably search the OSS to see if I find something...

0 Kudos

Dear Rob,

My understanding is that all the previously given suggestions will help the user to get the default language for all his/her transactions.

And as your query is for maintaining the "Default Language" field in SU01 and that you create user IDs through an automated process, my suggestion would be to check the data source from which the SAP system is picking the data to create the user IDs like the first name, last name, default printer details etc.

I don't have a very good knowledge about the CUA system landscape, but hope that you can make the system pick the default language from some field in that data source.

Regards,

Lakshmi.

0 Kudos

Also check the SAP note# 774605.

Regards,

Lakshmi.

0 Kudos

Thank you all for your responses. Basically, exactly what I was looking for it seems is no longer possible. I used to be able to do this in earliest versions of SAP R/3. I did find the solution to my specific problem via another route in note 947081.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rob,

The default language can be set for an user at the time of creation. It should be maintained as "EN" in the "Logon Language" field under the "Defaults" tab of SU01.

The other way is to use a user parameter as mentioned by Chinmaya.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hello,

> I would like to set the default language in the User Master record (SU3 / SU01) to 'EN' for new IDs. It is currently blank when a new user is created. Where are the User default settings defined for Language?

> Thank you,

> Rob

We did it in one of our system by creating a transaction variant that defaults to EN. We had a issue with MM/DD/YYYY though even with the transaction variant.

Actually there is a paramter zcsa/moddatfm ( Parameter for Default date format when creating users with transactions SU01 ). By default its value is 1 for DD.MM.YYYY and it has to be changed to 2 for MM/DD/YYYY.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create a Template UserID and Set the default settings you would want for a new user for this template user.

Now when you want to create a new user. Just copy it from Template User ID, this would automatically copy all the settings from Template UID to new UID.

Br

Mohan