cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just BOM Explosion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

Is there any any way to just explode BOM in DP from FInal Product level to component level . ( I have sales order history at Final Product level ,  I want to explode the history to Component level )

I tried using DP BOM forecasting , but it is putting the component requirements into future .

Any Help is highly appreciated .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to understand your issue: are trying to explode the sales histroy from BOM header to component level? If this is the case, my answer would be do this in update rules (or transformation) of cube. You have to look up into BOM postion table and populate the quantities from header to component level. If you have muli level BOM, this would be a little bit complicated and tricky.

Aban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aban,

Thanks a lot for prompt and valuable advise .

Should I need a function module for explode . Is there any specific function module for that .

I assuming for this to work I have to write/use some code in Routine in Update rules which returns me a table .

Ours is a single level of BOM explosion .

Thanks again for your help .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalvam,

probably there is a function module for this. But you can also extract the ECC table which contains BOM information to APO BW and use it the update rules. (The header table is MAST, positions???)

Cheers

Aban