Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GDS: Getting an error of type R/3 Import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm working on GDS 1.0. The scenario is as follows:

- I am extracting some GDS relevant materials from SAP R/3 (the GDS relevant flag is set for the materials) using transaction se38 (Program Name: GDS_MATERIAL_EXTRACT).

- The idocs for these materials are successfully posted to XI (PI). PI has also successfully processed the idocs but the corresponding material record was not updated in GDS repository.

- When I check the error message in GDS Console under Application Management --> Unprocessed Messages, the error message is "parentGlobalDataRecordId and childGlobalDataRecordId must not be the same" with Message Type: R/3 Import.

If anyone has faced the above mentioned error, please let me know what could be the problem? Also, where can I find the value for parentGlobalDataRecordId and childGlobalDataRecordId? Please note that parentGlobalDataRecordId and childGlobalDataRecordId are not a part of the idoc or the xml schema structure of the GDS repository.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Kaushik Koli.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

felix_loecher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

from what you write, we assume this is a mapping problem, to solve this, I suggest to open a CSS ticket.

Kind regards

Felix Loecher