Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No changes happen after the successful import of a transport request

former_member270360
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please consider the following :

We have a newly implemented CRM system, with the conventional TMS landscape : DEV, TQA & PRO, with the DEV as the transport domain controller.

Exceptionally, the TQA's client was opened for customizing, and some IMG customizing was done on it, with relevant change / transport requests generated, with empty : 'Target System'

A sudden need to restore the system to a previous state arose, while preserving the IMG customizing done, so the plan was to release the change / transport requests related to the IMG customizing, to force their export from the database to the file system, so that after we restore the previous backup of the database, we could re-import those change / transport requests again, thus preserving the IMG customizing done.

When I tried to release a change request, it got released, but I was not able to add it to the import queue of the TQA, and also, no relevant entries existed in the directories : /usr/sap/trans/data & /usr/sap/trans/cofiles

( The error : 'Transport control program ended with error code 0247' appeared when trying to add the change request manually to the import queue.)

I searched in the SDN forum, and I found a work around for this as follows :

Through transaction SE10, 'Create (F6)', radio button 'Transport of Copies' checked, with the 'Target' text box filled with the appropriate <SID> : TQA.

Then, 'Include Objects (Ctrl + F11)', then the previous un-released change request was added, with the radio button 'Object List from Request' checked, and the check box : 'With documentation' checked.

Then the request was released, and it was automatically added to the import queue of TQA, and the relevant entries in directories : /usr/sap/trans/data & /usr/sap/trans/cofiles existed.

The strange problem now is that after the request is successfully imported (all the import logs are positive), the required changes are not implemented on the system.

What could be a solution for this problem ?

Your prompt cooperation would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Reda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could check each section when access transport logs for spec TR :

=> check operating system level

=> export pre -processing

=> selection for Import

=> Export

=> feedback after export import

they are accessed using se10 => select transport req => transport logs.

rgds

Herri

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

Read the transport log files very carefully. Maybe there is a hint why the import doesn't work.

MAybe something like target system is the same as the transport creating system...

You can try to import with use of umodes (see sap note [1055826|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap%28bD1kZSZjPTAwMQ==%29/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1055826]

regards,

Martin