cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get IPortalComponentRequest from a WebDynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to generate an iView URL using

com.sapportals.portal.sapapplication.urlgenerator.IIViewUrlGenerator.createIViewURL(...), but the first parameter is the IPortalComponentRequest object.

Is there an easy way to get the IPortalComponentRequest object from my WebDynpro application, which is running from EP 7 SP17?

Is there another API I should be using to create iView URLs? I need to generate a dynamic URL to a WebGUI transaction iView, passing dynamic parametes in the DynamicParameter property.

The method mentioned about does exactly this, but with the downside of requiring the IPortalComponentRequest object.

I could create a WebGui transaction iview in the PCD, and generate the URL manually myself but its a bit of a messy way of doing it.

Surely there is a way to obtain IPortalComponentRequest as it is required by a lot of the old Portal API?

I found a few postings about using WDWebContextAdapter.getWebContextAdapter(); but all seem to be unsuccessful.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

you won't be able to retrieve an IPortalComponentRequest object within WD Application.

A servletRequest won't be available as well. WD techn. completely hides the protocol-stuff ...

WD an Portal apps run in different logical runtimes!

If you need to create URLs to PortalApps within WD you should utilize the WDPortalUtils class.

There is a method [getPortalApplicationURL |http://help.sap.com/javadocs/nwce/current/wdr/com.sap.wdr/com/sap/tc/webdynpro/clientserver/portal/WDPortalUtils.html#getPortalApplicationURL%28java.lang.String%29]available for that purpose.

Best regards,

Frank

Answers (0)