cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC connected to more SAP R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to know if I can connect multiple systems R3 to GRC.

In our case, we connected an SAP R3 of Development at GRC for testing.

Now I want to connect to the same GRS also the SAP R3 of Production.

If possible how can I do?

Regards,

Diego.

Edited by: Diego Garofalo on Dec 3, 2009 5:35 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diago,

In order to do this, you will need to identify the Production system as a connector in the same way as the pre-production systems.

You may need to create a Jco connection via the Java Webdynpro Admin console or just update your connector configuration in the application component directly if the underlying JCo already exists.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am proceeding with the installation of the agent and then I will create the new JCO connections.

Remember, if I have to configure anything else?

Regards.

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

No Need to create Connection..

When u open..

http://<hostname>:50000/

>>> WbDynpro Tools >>>Content Administrator>>>Maintain Jco Destinations.

Choose....VIRSAXSR3_01_METADATA and specify the ECC systems details( Select Dictionary Meta Data)

VIRSAXSR3_01_MODEL and specify the ECC systems details( Select Application Data).

If you need to connect other ECC system , then select VIRSAXSR3_02_METADATA and VIRSAXSR3_01_MODEL

Thanks & Regards

Gangadhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As the Background Job Spool Files and Alert Log files take up much space in the FS

/usr/sap/<SID>/JC00/j2ee/cluster/server0/virsa/bgJobSpool

You able to tell me if there is a way to make their periodic deletion.

Best regards,

Diego.

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

please do read the configuration guide and the post installation slide decks available in the GRC HOWTO section here on BPX, they will help you a lot. If you try to configure the system through SDN forum messages you will end up with a mess...

Regarding the log files:

- make sure the log file directory is on a different file system, so the server won*t stop should it fill up

- there´s no way of guessing the right size as that depends on the number of violation. Just make it big

- Theoretically you should delete from the background job screen only, but you might get away with running a cron job that finds files older than - say - 10 days and deleting them. Ask your Unix guys.

Hope that helps,

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diego,

Frank is absolutely right that you will need to refer to the config guides. Although we (Mostly) try to be as helpful as possible, we will only be able to comment on specific issues and provide advise.

You should consider involving an implementation Partner / consultant too if you feel that maybe beneficial.

Also, If you follow Franks useful advise and store the Logs on a different file system,, please make sure that the system can still access it (through firewall config etc.)

Simon

former_member192417
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Diego

If you are planning to connect Production ERP R/3 system to the same GRC server and also multiple R/3 systems ,please refer to the each GRC application sizing guide from www.service.sap.com/sizing website for proper sizing of the GRC server.

Regards

Debraj Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks to all

we have already created a separate fs for logs and we are already thinking of a script in crontab for cancellation. We wondered if there was something scheduling by GRS. Since there is no internal procedure will create a script to put in cron.

Best Regarsd,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diago,

Using the Connector configuration, you can connect a GRC system to multiple source systems (both SAP and Non SAP).

You have a great deal of flwexibility with this and it just depends on your own requirements and system landscape as to which systems you connect to where!

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diego,

As Simon mentioned, you can connect as many SAP or Non-SAP systems to a GRC AC system.

Alpesh