Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One QM Notification for Multiple GR Inspection Lots

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi QM Gurus,

We haev all batch managed materials.

We have a need to have a single QM notification for multiple goods receipt inspection lots belonging to same goods receipt material dcoument and material code. i.e. One QM notification at PO line item level and not at material document item level.

We will create 1st QM notification when doing defect recording for one of the lots. Later when we are doing defect recording and actiavting QM notification system should use the existing QM notification belonging to that material document and that material code instead of creating new QM notification.

Again We haev all batch managed materials.

e.g. Material ABC for PO 450000123 which contains 3 schedule line items for same code 'ABC' each line belonging to diff. batch IDs of Batch1, Batch2, Batch3

Now when we do GR we against this PO line items it creates 3 inspection lots for each of the batches. During inspection its generating 3 diff. QM notifications, one per each insp. lot.

What we want is to create ONLY one QM notification. i.e. One QM notification at PO line item level and not at material document level.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't do that in SAP becasue the notification can only have one batch listed per notification. If all three receipts were for the same material/batch, then I beleive you can do it. But not if you have different batch numbers.

Some places have done customization to accomadate multiple batches per notification. If you did some searches here or in SAPfans you might find some references as to how they did it.

I'm still not sure it would solve your particular issue though.

Craig