cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLDAPIUSER getting locked again and again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

On our Solution Manager 7.01 SP21 system, SLDAPIUSER is getting locked again --- again, causing job LANDSCAPE FETCH to fail.

Checked credentials are ok, SLDAPICUST is maintained properly, SAPSLDAPI RFC is maintained properly.

Is there any way to trace back and find out from which machine are these requests with incorrect password are coming.

And what all needs to be changed in case, SLDAPIUSER password is changed in solution manager.

Looking forward to get the light on our Solution manager system!!!!!!

Best Regards

Davinder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

DP,

if you run a JAVA trace you can see more detailed information from where the failed login attemps are coming from

nesimi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem, thought i had maintained the SLDAAPIUSER properly. Try to go to TX sldapicust and press button, delete password, then retype the password. I always just retyped the password , and then the user kept getting locked every morning after the job 'fetch landscape ' ran.

good luck, i know it sounds to simple but worth a try.

regards,

Birgit Diaz

Basis Admin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem, thought i had maintained the SLDAPIUSER properly. Try to go to TX sldapicust and press button, delete password, then retype the password. I always just retyped the password , and then the user kept getting locked every morning after the job 'fetch landscape ' ran.

good luck, i know it sounds to simple but worth a try.

regards,

Birgit Diaz

Basis Admin

Diggeshhjoshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Davinder,

Enable SQL Trace and see if you can get any details in that else check with SAP Security team to see what time and who locked user in SUIM tcode for this user. If you don't get then you have to go to each system and check RFC pointing to Solution Manager. Where you see RFC Error, you need to change password in that RFC only.

Thanks,

Digesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Digesh,

SQL Trace can be enabled from ST05 ? And does this works for one specific user or for the whole system.

We have checked SUIM details and lock code reason is 128 by Kernel - which means incorrect password.

Now we have more than 30 systems connected to Solution manager, so checking RFCs in each of the system - would be quite difficult.

Appreciate if can get a simpler approach.

Regards

Davinder

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Best solution to avoid such situation is not to use central SLDAPIUSER and SLDDSUSER users.

Always use SLDAPIUSER_<SID> and SLDDSUSER_<SID> users (SID will be of your each system ). So that locking of user in one system should not effect your whole landscape.

Thanks

Sunny