cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO Connection in MII 12.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me how to connect SAP R/3 using Connectivity type JCO in MII 12.1

I have given the SAP R/3 User name and Password in Credential Editor and other details in System Connection Editor.

And also tested it in BLT using JCO action block. It is showing error has "User Name or Password is incorrect" But the same time tried it in SAP Logon using the same USER NAME it is accepting.

We also tried clearing the JCO Cache using http://<server>:<port>/XMII/JCOProxy?Mode=Reset i got the error as below.

<FatalError>JCOProxy error: com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: Failed to set the parameter 1 of the statement >>SELECT * FROM XMII_CredStore WHERE CREDKEY = ? AND CREDTYPE = ?<<: Cannot assign NULL. The setNull() method can only be used in the VALUES clause of an INSERT statement or in the SET clause of and UPDATE statement.</FatalError>

Can anybody please help.

Regards

Muzammil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muzammil Ahamed,

I've passed by a similar problem, I think it is a bug on your SP. The

workaround for it, was to create the Credentials and save, then I've edited the record and put the username e password newly, and saved it. And it works.

The suggestion to apply SP04 could solve this problem.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Guys

Its worked. I upgraded it with SP4 and now it is working fine.

Regards

Muzammil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muzammil,

Not sure I can give you an exact answer, but will go through a few items.

For the System Connection Editor, make sure you are using type JCO.

You need to have a server (use the fully qualified DNS name if possible). Test it by pinging from the MII server.

You also need the Client number (3 digits, 000-999) and System number (2 digits, 00-99), Pool Size > 1 (for development I usually set it to 10). Leave SSO unchecked and set your language.

As far as the Credential Editor, you may want to reenter the password twice, but there ain't much that can go wrong there.

You may also want to check on the ID with security to make sure it is authorized for external access.

Good luck,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx for your reply Mike

I have given Connection Type JCO , Server name is pinging from MII Server and have also given the client number and system number correctly. Pool Size is > 1 and SSO is unchecked.

I am still not able to connect.

Regards

Muzammil

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, that takes care of the obvious issues.

What version and build of MII are you using?

Did you check the security permissions of the id and pwd? I doubt this is the issue from your description, but it is smart to verify it anyway.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muzammil,

Make sure the Java stack is installed on the SAP system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

I am using 12.1.0 Build(201).

And Regarding Security permission for ID and Password, where shud i check it? in SAP R/3?

Actually we are able to ping SAP SERVER to MII Server and vice versa.

If Yes, I checked it with the basis guys here and they told there is no security blockings.

Regards

Muzammil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ryan,

There is no Java Stack on SAP R/3 System.

Regards

Muzammil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muzammil,

please install the SP3 or SP4 of MII 12.1. I am sure that will fix your issue.

BR

Pedro Iglesias

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Preferably SP4 which is the GA version.

Thanks,

Mike

And yes, I was talking about the SAP ERP system for the security questions.

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Dec 4, 2009 4:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ryan,

Is it compulsory to have Java Stack on SAP R/3 System? I checked with the basis guys here and they told Java Stack is not available on their SAP R/3 System

Regards

Muzammil

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need for java on the R/3 side - the JCO connector provides the Java/ABAP layer as part of the protocol. The remote enabled function modules are listening already, and the xml exchange between MII and R/3 is done through JCO.