cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM- what is difference betweent COA and COC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the difference between Certificate of Analysis and Certificate of complaince .

Please give me the standard certificate type for both.

jyotsana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my understanding Certificate of Analysis : is used in accordance with the certificate issued to the customer for delivery.

and Certificate of compliance is used with reference to the certificate which your vendor submit for compliance of material he supplies.

Regards'

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply ,please tell me which is the standard certificate type for certificate of compliance.

Thanks

Jyotsana.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP provides an example COC as certificate type COC.

Craig

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In terms of SAP there is none. The terms refer to the content provided in a certificate that is delivered to yoru company by a vendor for a product or a certificate that you send out when you sell a product.

A COC or Certificate of Compliance is usually very simple and contains minimal information. It usually has header info about the product or batch and maybe some delivery info. That is usually followed by a statement that says something like "This product meets all requirements of specifcation XYZ and is approved for import use as a xxxxxxxx to the EU". Or whatever the heck your product complies with. It may be provided with non-batch managed material or batch managed material, or serial numbered product.

The COA or Certificate of Analysis is more complicated and while it may also have similar statement as the COC, it also usually contains specific analytical data that is specific to a batch or serial numbered product. It may list multiple batches each with their own set of data. The headers of a COA and a COC can be virtually identical.

In SAP, you can create as many certificate types as needed, some might be COC's, some might be COA;s. Your company might receive in both COA's and COC's and your company might send out both COAs and COC's.

Craig

Edited by: Craig Snyder on Dec 3, 2009 6:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur reply .

Jyotsana