Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM-need to add the qulatative characteristic in the Certificate of Analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to add qulatative characteristic in the COA ,

But the qulatative characteristic have the selected set and when i select the result from the selected set in the result recording , it will only disply the result .

I want the range to print in the COA like for example :

Specification value

Conforms Conform

Does not conform

A blue to violet color

I want the output like this , but now it is showing only value not specification , can anyone tell me how i can pull this data.

Jyotsana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For this what you can do is Design your own "Certificate profile"

Also you can modify script , Ask your ABAPer to do the modification in standard script. ( Use a copy model of QM_QCERT_01)

In the customized script you can get the specifications which you want.

I hope this will help

Regards

Sujit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no real "spec" for a qualitative characteristic. Since the list of acceptable values can be infinite, there can be no 'standard' SAP way to print a spec for a qualitative characteristic.

There are a couple of ways for this to be addressed.

a) The most common way is to have the characteristic description pulled from the Cert profile. (standard SAP) In the cert profile you would enter as text: "Color - Blue to Violet color" with a test result of Conforms or Does not conform.

b) Create a method for the characteristic and have the long text of the method printed. Then maintain the specification text in the long text of the assigned method. This only works if the characteristic has the same spec for all materials that use it. If you have a characteristic with many acceptable values, you might not be able to use this method.

c) Some places have placed an asterik next to each qualitative characteristic. Then you create QM text in the material master, or certificate text in the profile. This text is then printed at bottom after the results are printed out. You can modify the SAPscript to do this. It is standard functionality shown in the SAP example COA.

You would see something like:

TEST A 5.67

Color* PASS

Appearance* PASS

TEST D 3484

.etc..

• Material should be free-flowing, blue to violet, granular material with no clumps or foregin material present.

Hope this give you some ideas. All of this is stanard SAP and should require no programming with the exception of slightly modifying the SAPscript in some cases.

Craig