cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC error between ECC 6 & Netweaver 2004 only java system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing an error while creating RFC connection between ABAP ECC 6.0 and Netweaver 2004(only Java instance) system, in ECC 6 only RFC connection but in Netweaver 2004 Java system i have created JCO RFC provider connection. While testing the connection thru connection test from ECC 6 to Netweaver 2004 i face the error

Logon Connection Error

Error Details Error when opening an RFC connection

Error Details ERROR: SAP gateway connection failed. Is SAP gateway started?

Error Details LOCATION: SAP-Server sapcccr1_EC6_00 on host sapcccr1 (wp 0)

Error Details COMPONENT: CPIC

Error Details COUNTER: 87

Error Details MODULE:

Error Details LINE:

Error Details RETURN CODE: 236

Error Details SUBRC: 0

Error Details RELEASE: 700

Error Details TIME: Thu Dec 03 19:35:57 2009

Error Details VERSION:

from the error i think its trying to find the SAP gateway where in ECC 6.0 Gateway is running in the Task manager i am able to find the Gwrd.exe

but in the Netweaver 2004 Java system Gwrd.exe is not running and i the kernal path(usr\sap\sid\sys\exe\run) also i was not able to find first then i upgraded the kernal to the latest where Grwd is available in the downloaded kernal and now Gwrd.exe is there in the kernal path but now also Gwrd.exe is not running in the task manager of the Netweaver 2004 Java system.

Is this Gateway exe is not required for java system if not please tell me where i am going wrong

please help me

Thanks,

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have one more doubt i have downloaded the Gateway from the service market place but its only an .sar file, i think installing the standalone Gateway means only upgrading the present kernal with Gateway so stanalone Gateway does not involve any other process or i have to take the Standalone Gateway installtion guide from the service market and proceed with any installtion process to install the Gateway in this Netweaver 2004 only Java system. please guide me if i am wrong

please help me

Thanks,

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Use the installation master to install the standalone gateway.

Choose the instance number and SID properly so that it will not interfere with your existing instance numbers.

Cheers...,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since its a only Java system Gateway is not available and as Raghu told i am going to install a standalone gateway in this server. Then i to think that this JCO RFC connection will work, please guide if i am going wrong

please help me

Thanks,

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Since you have said that you can see a Gateway process running at the JAVA stack, I think the gateway is already Installed in your JAVA stack.

While creating the Jco connection did you provide the Gateway details?

Please check the Jco connection, normally in JAVA stack the Java system does not recognise the gateway automatically. So you have to provide the connection details in the Jco connection.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

You need to install a standalone gateway on your JAVA only system. By default the gateway is not installed.

Please check the standalone gateway installation guide for more details.

Then give those gateway details in the RFC connection. Then you should be able to connect.

Cheers....,

Raghu